gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

3 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Something to keep Jaco out of trouble?

HomeHardware_CatShapedBoxesPrint17_0.jpg

Hahaha. Ideal.

I got the Mrs to give me a haircut last night. I don't think she is a barber. Convict is the look I would call it!

• Haha 1

My hairdresser phoned me yesterday to ask about the cv19 grant stuff -

I've been promised a priority booking when she's allowed back !

😎

• Like 1

Putting the finishing touches on Lasting Power of Attorney forms and wills. Getting 3rd party references (to say you are compos mentis) and witnesses is a bit awkward during lockdown.

The garden is getting the attention it deserves, first time for years. Though with the Council refuse sites shut, Mrs H wants a bonfire 🔥.

Catching up with some bass playing practice too!

4 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Waiting for Darren the DPD man who apparently has a box for me

Wonder what that might be Andy

4 hours ago, ubit said:

I got the Mrs to give me a haircut last night. I don't think she is a barber. Convict is the look I would call it!

Photos please or it didn't happen. :laugh1:

Wife offered to cut mine yesterday but having never cut hair before i decided to wait until hairdressers are open again.

Dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmccombe7 said:

Superb Andy. Enjoy and let us know what you think 

It’s nice. Got a busted wrist from moving paving slabs...so can’t play much. Tried to do a video before for @bassfan and aside from my crap interface cutting out, it sounded good even with bad playing.

• Like 2

Painting the cat pen with some Red Cedar that was in the garage. Might as well use it while stuck at home. Its 7m x 3m x 2.5m high at tallest point as its on a slight slope down side of house. Its a pain stretching over the top to do the cross-over posts from top of a step-ladder. Top sections all complete now and going back out now to do posts and gravel boards around bottom. 

Tomorrow i'll finish off the posts on the inside where the mesh is attached as i need a smaller brush for that plus i have the cat house to paint and the covered sand pit. 

Happy days

Still working on bits of the verse on Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick. Its just trying to remember the sequence i'm having problems with. I can physically play it all in sections but putting the full song together needs a fair bit of left hand stamina but i'm slowly getting there.

Other than that just finished 2 large salmon sandwich's made by my wife for late lunch.

That's me off out again. Not Out Out but just Out.:laugh1:

Dave 

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s nice. Got a busted wrist from moving paving slabs...so can’t play much. Tried to do a video before for @bassfan and aside from my crap interface cutting out, it sounded good even with bad playing.

Wait till your back to normal and had the bass a week or so and set up to your liking and let us know how its sounds and how it feels and curious to know how it compares to your other basses. No rush, we aint going anywhere soon :D

Dave

7 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Photos please or it didn't happen. :laugh1:

Wife offered to cut mine yesterday but having never cut hair before i decided to wait until hairdressers are open again.

Dave

I wouldn't mind leaving it but my hair doesn't grow down, it grows out! If I leave it, I would look like an extra from the hair bear bunch!

• Haha 2

Got all my leather footwear out for a clean and polish. Three pairs of shoes. It has taken me all day to assemble the necessary materials. No sense rushing into these things.

Also planning a bass build. Got a slab of something like mahogany, a couple Jazz Bass style necks, and some MM bits from the estimable Dov in Anstruther. Quite a bit of head scratching going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Superb Andy. Enjoy and let us know what you think 

Apologies for rubbish recording and ropey playing. Interface and wrist will be sorted ASAP.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Apologies for rubbish recording and ropey playing. Interface and wrist will be sorted ASAP.

Sounds great!

• Thanks 1

Buying stuff on the internet; some companies are going to come out of this very flush, especially couriers.

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

WOW Andy that sounds so sweet. In my head that is exactly how a P bass sounds. 

What kind of strings are on it ? Flats, rounds ? and where did you have the tone set on that clip. Just in case i buy one that's the tone i want. Warm and clear. Love it, i'm so jealous now.

Enjoy and have fun with that.

Dave

Trying to stop myself bombing every thread I read with a frivolous and/ or flippant comment. Bored with a capital B. May have to resort to playing some bass to alleviate that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dmccombe7 said:

WOW Andy that sounds so sweet. In my head that is exactly how a P bass sounds. 

What kind of strings are on it ? Flats, rounds ? and where did you have the tone set on that clip. Just in case i buy one that's the tone i want. Warm and clear. Love it, i'm so jealous now.

Enjoy and have fun with that.

Dave

Roto flats - which I traditionally “hate”. And tone is about half way - something I seem to do as habit on a P, maybe lean more to 60/40 open. Means you can dig it for more cut or ease off for warmer sounds.

Not today though with the claw...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobthedog said:

Trying to stop myself bombing every thread I read with a frivolous and/ or flippant comment. Bored with a capital B. May have to resort to playing some bass to alleviate that.

Flippant comments and sarcasm are always fun. Move to Capital C and work your way thru alphabet. We have plenty of time on our hands. Could be interesting to see what you come up with for some letters :laugh1:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

image.png.eb914c507092e7ae37c6798443131553.png

Keeping myself busy.

That's teh third thread I've seen that picture posted in on Basschat - is this a record?