Left leaderboard
gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

On 11/04/2020 at 18:41, ubit said:

This would be great for weddings!

113731.jpg

Speeches at the reception may be a little heavy going though.😆

• Haha 4

Going to make some hedgehog boxes out of some the junk we've got lying around. Will be nice to do something positive with some of the spare time.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, leschirons said:

Speeches at the reception may be a little heavy going though.😆

Think how inspired the revellers would be for the evenings shenanigans though!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ubit said:

Think how inspired the revellers would be for the evenings shenanigans though!

.....altogether now, join in everybody ! ....

'You put your right arm up' ......

😨

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, musicbassman said:

.....altogether now, join in everybody ! ....

'You put your right arm up' ......

😨

...your jackboot out.

In, oüt, in, oüt, we used an umlaut.

• Haha 3

Sat - The Greatest Story ever Told

Sun - Ten Commandments

Mon - The Robe 

This must be the first year in a long time we've had a religious movie on at Easter let alone 3.

Altho i'm not a religious person i'm quite enjoying them.

Dave 

On the subject of telly... the entire series of Spooks now on iPlayer. Never saw the earlier series.

I’ve been fitting new radiators and doing solo childcare as partner feeling dizzy and tired; lying down in a dark room. Oh and I’m cooking dinner too 

I gave her a lie-in this morning when the dear little ones woke us at six. Feeling the pace a bit now :|

I've been trying to reconstruct a few lost years in the early 1990s by using the BBC Genome site to trigger associations. It's shocking how much arty BBC2 stuff I must have watched while utterly wasted. Also, I've just remembered I still owe an ex-girlfriend fifty quid and a new pair of glasses. I think I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

I have also managed to consolidate eight boxes of tax papers into six boxes of tax papers. I'm a real wild child.

Hmmm. Getting my affairs in order, and getting my life to flash before my eyes. Must be more concerned than I realise.

• Like 1

Drinking coffee and thinking about cleaning the downstairs window frames before cleaning the windows 

I stress the word Thinking

1F4F2DBA-29AA-4CE8-9A69-7DA5018CA46C.jpeg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Been out, done the week's shopping (plus some for the neighbours), played bass. Stopped for lunch now.

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2

Got up, fed the cats, caught up on email, FB & BC then started the Windows update that keeps failing at 60% every time since 2018. No idea what it is but it takes 4-5 hrs to update. Failed again. 

Sent my wife out on her own of course to do the weekly shopping while i relaxed at home :hi:

When i say sent out i mean she volunteered and i just went with that decision. She can only cope with me getting the shoping list wrong so many times before she needs to get the proper shopping in. My idea of shopping is bread, milk, crisps and chocolate. What more does a man need in life. :laugh1:

While waiting on PC updates i had coffee in conservatory watching the farmers at work in the fields across the river Clyde.

Now catching up on BC again after another failed windows update. Oh happy days.

Dave

• Like 1

Went to work this morning and was furloughed when I got there. Been out for a walk and feed the ducks down at the river. Local dogging site looked a bit quiet.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bassman Sam said:

Local dogging site looked a bit quiet.

Does much of that go on during the day (normally) ?   😁

😎

Just now, taunton-hobbit said:

Does much of that go on during the day (normally) ?   😁

😎

Round these parts, yes.

Just about to strip wallpaper off the girls bedroom wall. Fingers crossed it’s decent underneath...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

Been out, done the week's shopping (plus some for the neighbours), played bass. Stopped for lunch now.

Sounds a lot more fun than my day - stuck on the phone, working from home, occasionally overhearing my wife losing her rag with the kids in next room.

Got to play some bass yesterday for a bit tho, and weeded the garden.

Suppose I could spend another 4 hours on the phone trying to get one of our cars taken off the insurance.

Mowing the grass and thinking about how we’re almost up to date with series 5 of Better Call Saul and wondering if either or both of these guys are going to make an appearance?

B8AB4805-7EC9-47B7-9A88-C6B34DA51D12.jpeg

Went up to the new place, generator into the workshop, started to get laid into the ivy that could bring down the drystone wall round the lawn if left untended.

Moving more stuff up later, putting up a couple of bird feeder stations, apparently I can take mine with me as they're in the wrong place and not stylish enough for DiL, (they're moving into our house).

40 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Just about to strip wallpaper off the girls bedroom wall. Fingers crossed it’s decent underneath...

Living in an old house, it's fingers crossed every time there's paper stripping involved...crumbling plaster, damp😟

Back to WFH today, only 4 more working days till I retire. There is quite a gardening deficit to make up. Oh and there is the bass playing technical proficiency deficit to make up too!

2 minutes ago, howdenspur said:

Living in an old house, it's fingers crossed every time there's paper stripping involved...crumbling plaster, damp😟

Don't I bloody know it. new house will be the first I've lived in that was built after the Boer war, renovated in 1968 think the original parts were 1800s some time. Good job erindors is into quirky ancient relics🙄