gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Shredded a HUGE pile of old documents.

Currently waiting for the workshop keys for the new place to be dropped through the letter box so we can at least start moving some stuff over the weekend and order up some kero to keep the heating on. No access to the house just now but we can at least make a start.

Posted (edited)

We don't yet have a lockdown. Don't pander to the media generated hysteria by using the term.

I've pretty much run out of work to do from home.  My consultancy work has all halted, but my firm are still paying me my full salary, at least for the present time.  Garden is immaculate, the cars have multiple layers of wax, and at this rate all my basses will need regretting soon.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Confused 1

Yep flames out the top on occasion but rarely out the side holes. Think you might have overdone how much you were putting in.

I burned the bottom of my first one because i put some heavy logs / tree branches in and they eventually sank to the base where the smouldered a hole thru it. I now have a home made cast iron grid i found at work many moons ago and supported on some large stones inside the bin to keep the heavier items off the base. The base is quite thin. 

Everything needs a good bass. :laugh1:

Dave

2 hours ago, martthebass said:

As with Paul S, just about getting used to the quarantine routine.  Keeping to a 'roughly' 8-4 work pattern, dog walk, etc.  Closing down the council dumps along with terminating the (paid for) garden waste bins hasn't helped the gardening effort, though my 2 daughter's huskies (temporarily residing with us due to flood damage) mean that gardening is pretty pointless.

The main casualty has been the close down of the gig diary, weekends are now pretty weird due to that.  Fortunately I had been working on putting an astrophotography rig together, while it isn't fully complete I feel the need to try and do something with it over the coming days... 

WO GT81.jpg

Hope they keep collecting the garden waste bin here as it may result in everyone burning garden waste.

For a minute I thought it was a diy ventilator

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

o.O

My guess is re-fretting :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

o.O

... or regretting having recently sold 'em..? :lol:

• Haha 2

I made a wooden bottle and a candlestick today. Still practicing on the lathe.

20200403_184001.jpg

• Like 2

I'm working on harmony BVs... no more unison football chants.

Sorry.. got to add another gratuitous post... so I'm not stuck on 666... the post count of the Beast...

14 minutes ago, Trueno said:

Sorry.. got to add another gratuitous post... so I'm not stuck on 666... the post count of the Beast...

Hasn't worked though, has it..! :laugh1:

R574S4C.jpg

4 hours ago, gareth said:

Paul did you know you can get pharmacies to deliver medications ?

You have to twist their arms a bit but they will do it 

I order my meds through my gps online site, they send prescription to my nominated pharmacy and they deliver it to me

In theory, yes, but apparently her local pharmacy aren't 'playing' - she hasn't actually been able to get through on the phone to confirm they are there as yet, let alone try for a delivery.  Anyway, not far - she is Southchurch.

What's happened to the post counter on this forum? Stuck on 666... spooky!

4 minutes ago, Trueno said:

What's happened to the post counter on this forum? Stuck on 666... spooky!

Isn't that the very nature of The Beast..? o.O

• Haha 1

On 27/03/2020 at 16:59, Baxlin said:

Walked to the farm shop for some fruit and veggies - via Tring reservoirs 

0413158C-72B2-477D-B581-44EE69D38AFA.png

Tring! Went there once to buy a bass. Didn’t buy it, stupidly, and have regretted it ever since. Don’t suppose you’ve ever come across a musician called Neil Brewer there have you? Lovely chap.

Working at home.

Daily exercise - a walk of 2 to 4 miles.

Ordered a Fuzz Dog kit - Big Muff Pi, Violet Ram's Head version.

Working up to an amp build based on the cab, chassis and transformers from an old Carvin combo.

Binge watching This Country with Mrs Axe.

Playing guitar and bass.

I've started growing a plague beard.

It's like a normal beard, but grown during times of plague, as a surprise for those friends and family who aren't going to see me for the next however many months.

• Like 1

I've just decked the shop windows with large rainbow golf umbrellas and 'Support the NHS' rainbow signs

A couple of the brollies have internal lighting - should look ok..........

😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Omelette innit?

No, a tortilla, which, granted, is a thick omelette with potatoes and onions left to go cold. In summary, yes, an omelette.

• Haha 1