Jump to content
Left leaderboard
gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

Recommended Posts

Working from home, 4 days a week pretty much as normal.

Getting to grips with the 4-track recording capability of my Zoom H4N. I thought it was about time I figured out how to use it. A great tool for highlighting mistakes and inconsistent playing .

And I built a new pickup for the Hondo Alien, using a pair of used Jazz pickups from @walshy . Much to my amazement it worked straight away and has vastly improved the sound over the standard pickup. Normally my soldering leaves a lot to be desired and I wasn't called 'Blobby Nobby' by the sparkies on one construction job for nothing.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pete.young said:

Working from home, 4 days a week pretty much as normal.

Getting to grips with the 4-track recording capability of my Zoom H4N. I thought it was about time I figured out how to use it. A great tool for highlighting mistakes and inconsistent playing .

And I built a new pickup for the Hondo Alien, using a pair of used Jazz pickups from @walshy . Much to my amazement it worked straight away and has vastly improved the sound over the standard pickup. Normally my soldering leaves a lot to be desired and I wasn't called 'Blobby Nobby' by the sparkies on one construction job for nothing.

Well done Pete. Post a wee pic of the bass but not the soldering in case of a severe bout of laughing :laugh1:

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m watching this and cooking roast chicken, pots, cauliflower cheese and mashed swede/carrot 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, gareth said:

I’m watching this and cooking roast chicken, pots, cauliflower cheese and mashed swede/carrot 

 

It's funny that they should mention 'distressed assets'.  Christ, there's a term I've not heard since I was subbing at Huawei.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the line

”first China put the world in ICU now it sells them ventilators”

kinda catchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Getting frustrated with a looper...

 

Take a break and start again. Fresh mind might help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Take a break and start again. Fresh mind might help

I get so few chances to actually do this - 3 or 4 good “takes” were interrupted or shouted over.

I have to start this garage conversion sooner rather than later...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First grass cut off the year today. 

May as well make the place look tidy. 

If I've got to isolate, there are worse places I could be. 😉

 

IMG_20200330_162733.png

IMG_20200330_162715.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

First grass cut off the year today. 

May as well make the place look tidy. 

If I've got to isolate, there are worse places I could be. 😉

 

IMG_20200330_162733.png

IMG_20200330_162715.png

Yes you gotta feel for people in flats/bedsits with no gardens with kids, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've a concrete yard with four (might be five) ferns - posted in the gardening thread last year (does that still exist)

the fern thing looked to have gone a bit pear-shaped, but thy're back again

- I'll post a pick when there's something more than just green shoots

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

If I've got to isolate, there are worse places I could be. 😉

 

IMG_20200330_162733.png

 

Indeed, looks great. The bottom bit looks a bit like a fairway. Just need to build a green, and maybe a bunker, down there and a tee centre front. Hours of fun for the whole family 🙂

3 minutes ago, gareth said:

Yes you gotta feel for people in flats/bedsits with no gardens with kids, etc

Ain't it the truth 😞 ...we are lucky enough to have a small garden and it helps a lot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, gareth said:

Yes you gotta feel for people in flats/bedsits with no gardens with kids, etc

Indeed. My wife and I, along with 2 dogs, lived in a motor home for 3 years in the U.K. before moving here. It would have been an absolute nightmare to still be there now. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

First grass cut off the year today. 

May as well make the place look tidy. 

If I've got to isolate, there are worse places I could be. 😉

 

IMG_20200330_162733.png

IMG_20200330_162715.png

Beautiful. A lot of work but good therapy too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’ve been noodling this morning using my Vox Bass A2-BS

Great fun

 

Edited by gareth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Indeed. My wife and I, along with 2 dogs, lived in a motor home for 3 years in the U.K. before moving here. It would have been an absolute nightmare to still be there now. 

Life throws everyone opportunities at some point - it’s up to you whether you grab them - you obviously did and I’m so glad it’s worked out well for you all

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gareth said:

Life throws everyone opportunities at some point - it’s up to you whether you grab them - you obviously did and I’m so glad it’s worked out well for you all

Thanks. It wasn't so much an opportunity as a plan that we worked on and sacrificed for, for over 10 years. 

Whilst friends were buying new cars, nice things, travelling etc. We were working, saving, running round in old bangers, working two (at some points even 3) jobs each. We even got married cheaply and spent our honeymoon money on a new roof for the house we were (still are) renovating here in Bulgaria. Then spent almost 4 years roughing it in caravans and a motorhome so we could save as much as possible. 

This all meant we cold move here and semi retire in our early 40's with no mortgage and hardly any overheads. 

It's a nice life, but it didn't come easy. We worked (and are still working) bloody hard for it. 😉

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this was appropriate. Afraid its a Glesga accent. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apple and Line 6 seem to have fixed the bug with the sonic port. So all the little noodles I’ve been playing this last week will be recorded into garage band...and then sent to the band in hope of having a load of new ideas to work on when Social Distancing is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Been to work today, one of my rota days at school looking after children of key workers.

It’s hard to plan for an unknown number of kids of different ages between 5 and 11, so I’ve been running gardening and planting projects. This afternoon I stood back and looked at a row of kids hoeing the soil. The shopping centre car park next door was empty and I knew the shelves in the shops were rather bare.

Blinkin’ Heck, I thought, it’s North Korea.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm lucky in that I have a job I cannot do from home but how are you spending your day? Have you been a list of jobs?

Are you driving each other crazy? The kids sending you insane?

Share you experiences or just rant and rave and get it off your chest.

Share it with fellow BCers , some one might just have an idea or solution 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I call parents/students between 11-12. 

Then try to keep my own 4 busy...

Too much food, too much drink.

sleep.

Disney+
 

erm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

well I live on my own and my partner who, being a slavish follower of the rules is saying we shouldn't see each other, which, to be honest, is better than being cooped up together 24/7, there may be a bit of a baby boom in 9 months, but I suspect, the divorce courts will be busier than the maternity wards

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teach via Skype, PhD work, lots of reading, and lots of music making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...