gareth

So ..... what’s everyone doing

I keep thinking I’m in a dream and suddenly going to wake up

But no it all seems real

More like a nightmare. Trump, brexit, fire, floods and now this. Where are the zombies though? Surely no self-respecting apocalypse is complete without zombies.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Well, what's needed is a steady supply of corpses to re-animate.

Guess we're lucky there, right?

...right?

• Haha 3

On a positive note I was pleased to see plenty of bread on the shelves of my local Tesco this morning 

34F487EB-AD6F-4B25-AF35-6E929D67E042.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 16
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gareth said:

On a positive note I was pleased to see plenty of bread on the shelves of my local Tesco this morning 

34F487EB-AD6F-4B25-AF35-6E929D67E042.jpeg

They’re not real

Tesco don’t stock Wholeweat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

They’re not real

Tesco don’t stock Wholeweat. 

she's trying smuggle out a couple of Belgian Buns with a cherry on top

• Haha 3

Apart form the "So" pretty much as I always do. Shopping  this afternoon, as usual. Bought the usual amount of stuff as I will be shopping next Wednesday. Apart from no potatoes left in Aldi or Spar it was business as usual. Aldi had big signs up limiting people to no more than four of any particular item, so all customers could get their shopping. Does the virus make you poo a lot and eat enormous quantities of pasta by the way? 

Here in France, 'lock-down' doesn't mean staying indoors, at least in the countryside. I took the opportunity to re-string our ailing clothes line, having altered the angle of its uprights back to vertical...

LAW2Y9e.jpg

Yes, I know; I'll attract the fury of the purists, telling me that Jaco only needed four strings, but I often need the full range that six gives me.
Any advice, however, from the erudite membership here..? I have a clip-on tuner, but it doesn't pick up these very low frequencies when I pluck the strings. Should I be worried..? :/

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ambient said:

More like a nightmare. Trump, brexit, fire, floods and now this. Where are the zombies though? Surely no self-respecting apocalypse is complete without zombies.

ive been keeping an eye on the news for the first signs of resurrection. Thought i had seen one but it was just a shopping queue in Tesco's.

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Here in France, 'lock-down' doesn't mean staying indoors, at least in the countryside. I took the opportunity to re-string our ailing clothes line, having altered the angle of its uprights back to vertical...

LAW2Y9e.jpg

Yes, I know; I'll attract the fury of the purists, telling me that Jaco only needed four strings, but I often need the full range that six gives me.
Any advice, however, from the erudite membership here..? I have a clip-on tuner, but it doesn't pick up these very low frequencies when I pluck the strings. Should I be worried..? :/

What's the string spacing? I'm really only comfortable with 16.5mm to 19mm generally on my 5s, although my GVB 36 has a uniform 14mm across it's six strings, anyway worth checking.

Do you find it assists you in playing "air bass", or at least Air on a G string?

I assume it's purely passive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

...Do you find it assists you in playing "air bass", or at least Air on a G string?...

S'been a very long time since it saw a G-string (in fact, I'm not sure it ever has :$ ..!).

Q:  So ..... what’s everyone doing?

A:    We're just getting on with life.

It's a little disconcerting to discover that my idea of a normal life represents self-isolation to everyone else|

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Hey, I've just found out that people are saying that cheap red wine helps beat that darned Coronavirush !

I read it on Reddit so it must be true!

I'm conducting my own schientiffic studies right now......

*... falls off chair...*

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Going to work and trying to blog out many of my colleagues increasingly shrill hysteria.

• Like 1

Trying to avoid incessant "junk" email from every organisation I've ever been in contact with during my career sending me details of how they are dealing with CV... 😁

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Getting on with it, which basically means stressing about my wife’s two businesses which will likely not survive this, trying to keep my two elderly parents with underlying health issues properly supplied and isolated, and now wondering how the hell we’re going handle an eight year old and two year old with no grandparental (in-laws, old but in reasonable health) help until the autumn. At least my job is secure, for now, so I can pay the bills. I did some sums the other night and it made for some depressing reading.

Edited by BrunoBass
  • Sad 2

Berating myself for quitting my job somewhere literally in a field, where they have home working and sick pay and moving to bloody London and accidentally ending up freelance!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Going to work same as usual with a identical number of people crammed on the tube every morning... Think they must be taking those empty train station photos in the middle of the night 🤔

16 minutes ago, CamdenRob said:

Think they must be taking those empty train station photos in the middle of the night 🤔

Probably Great Portland St, the platforms always seem empty after 10pm. 😉

Normal service here. 

Apart from now using dock leaves as anal papyrus.

I live next to a Tesco Express and the panic morons have cleared the shelve of ALL  bread, and even the packets of soft rolls.   The whole bread isle was barren.

Same for 99% of the veg ???     Dont get that, but no potatoes,  onions,  carrots, beans etc

• Haha 1

What was it, literally days ago I wrote how lucky I was to be able to be a professional musician?

• Sad 1