Why become a member? ×

1961 Fender Precision Bass SOLD
£10750
Woking, Surrey

Hi All,

Up for sale is my 1961 slab board Fender Precision Bass with its OHSC.

I have owned a number of P basses stretching over its long years of production and in my opinion, this period are the finest.

Overall, it is in great condition with the dinks, dongs, scratches, playwear etc etc you might expect.   The sunburst is still really vibrant and it plays with a low action all the way up the neck.

There are a couple of very small areas on the body rear which have been rather crudely touched up and the rear of the neck has possibly been re-finished, it is difficult to tell but let's assume yes.

The rest of the bass is stock with neck date 10-61, pot dates 35th week of 61 and body pencil date May 61. 

The original case is in terrific condition.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or to arrange to view / play with no obligation.  I live near Woking in Surrey.

Cheers, Si

fullsizeoutput_8f7a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f75.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f78.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f77.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f7b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f79.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f73.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f7c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f7d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f69.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f6c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f7e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8f6f.jpeg

Edited by 0353203
  • Like 27

Great bass man! Love my 1960 Olympic White P bass very much too. These oldies have something that is hard to explain. Partly it is between my ears but a larger part is in de bass really. So forgiving, so fat, so cool! Don't play it much.. but always feels like home.

IMG_5724.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, TorVic said:

This is the kind of bass that makes you want to sell your entire bass collection in order to buy it! 

Yes indeed. I'm even tempted to put in an offer for the scales used to weigh it...

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, StuartB said:

Forgive my ignorance, but with no date or s/n on the neck how do we know it is of the same provenace? Is there an s/n anywhere in fact?

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

Looks to be on the neckplate

Serial numbers did not appear on the headstock until 1976, according to 'The Fender Bass: an Illustrated History'

2 hours ago, StuartB said:

Forgive my ignorance, but with no date or s/n on the neck how do we know it is of the same provenace? Is there an s/n anywhere in fact?

The date on the neck, the date on the body, the pot codes and most importantly, the bloke who is selling it. He is very well respected around these parts.

• Like 4