Why become a member? ×

To gig or not to gig? (Covid content)

cetera

March was marking the beginning of what looked like a busy season for me, having only played three gigs since January. But of course, we've had all cancelled with the earliest ones being in May, and those are not safe either. I imagine a lot of the May ones will also be cancelled. We've managed to reschedule many of them starting in September, which should be ok, but anything until June or so is going to be uncertain...

• Like 1

I had about 15 gigs in diary between now and the end of August and I’m not assuming any will go ahead.

Morally I wouldn’t want them to either. Sooner we all contribute to sorting this, the sooner things get back to normal.

Ive just taken a new booking for late September which I’ll hopefully be able to do.

Much of my bass work is depping which depends on the other persons unavailability - if those gigs get postponed and rescheduled there’s no guarantee I’ll still be needed next time.

• Like 2