PunkPonyPrincess

OFFERS - Trace Elliot Series 6 GP7 Head and 4 x 10” cab on wheels
£400
Dumfries and Galloway

Posted (edited)

As I am moving to the USA and stuck in the U.K. thanks to covid-19 shutting off all means to return I thought I would have a clear out of my bulkier items sooner rather than later.

1 x Amp and 1 x cab set of each £400 each.

The 4x10 cab was lovingly restored, refinished and re lined and has been a mainstay for recording that live bass sound, it comes with the original speakers. The 2 x 10 has been used for guitar and higher freq augmentation.

like many of these Trace amps, one GP7 is missing a couple of white EQ fader slider caps on one but as they stay fixed once set it’s not a huge deal. I use a toothpick. I never got round to sorting it out. I use the DI outs on these a lot as well for going into PA and such.

you can hear both bass amps and speakers in use on all the bass and guitar parts of my EP https://clairefoxx.bandcamp.com/releases I work it’s in the air bass and only use a little DI. All guitar is from the bass guitars plus pedals and uses a matching GP7 an a 2 x 10 cab, mix of DI and Mic from the cab. I encourage audio bleed as well to ensure it sounds natural.

Collection is a must or I can deliver to Edinburgh/Glasgow/Carlisle or thereabouts for downpayment on fuel etc. Further the let’s discuss.

The 2 x 10” and the second Series 6 GP7 is also for sale, same asking price.

0B937BB5-3F63-4710-B8CB-5178C0A0F5A2.thumb.jpeg.28631217bbdac8f65ba5af87be55b8e5.jpeg

DA4BDF55-6250-409F-8998-6A071A70E7F4.thumb.jpeg.ca89590d4e1c668891afafc5e5462c6b.jpeg

These are the inside speakers, original Celestion K10-70s. All in great condition for their age and no wear or torn or dented bits.

01208604-1503-4DF1-AF33-537F4A96DA5F.thumb.jpeg.30427bd00c4761736ec7d222db3539cc.jpeg

this set of shots was before the grilles got a spray.

FFDE3FAD-398F-457A-A93A-CFBA061B28F8.thumb.jpeg.9a2b557376565c9c2b347d4b229e2daf.jpeg

02738DB2-AE89-4D96-904A-A5273211E8BB.jpeg

Edited by PunkPonyPrincess
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vintage_ben
      For sale is my Trace Elliot Dual SMX Compressor Pedal - complete with all important 18V power supply with 2.5mm power fitting (normal Boss is 2.1mm). No trades please as money will go towards funding another project.
      Following the recent purchase of a TE GP12 SMX preamp which has this compressor built in so this is now surplus to requirements.  It's a great sounding compressor, punching well above it's weight at the price.
      Here's what Ovnilab.com say 
      "Unusual features include: separate knobs to control the amount of compression for the high and low sides of the crossover; a "tilting" EQ knob that emphasizes either the highs or the lows; and a second footswitch to bypass only the high band of the compression (meaning only the lows would get compressed).

The center frequency of the crossover is 350Hz, but it has a shallow slope so the upper and lower bands actually overlap between 225Hz and 900Hz. The compression attack is not adjustable, but they preset a fast attack for the high band and a slow attack for the low band, which seems like a good setup. The noise level is fairly low--not the quietest, but acceptable. It does roll off a bit of both the lows and highs. The overall tone and action are quite smooth and musical, clean and punchy, at most comp settings; only at the highest settings it can sound a bit "artificial". At high ratios there can be a noticeable "pop" or "tic" artifact when the threshold is crossed. The maximum ratio is 8:1, so even at the highest settings it does not act as a limiter on the strongest peaks.
      This pedal is not quite up to the same audio standards and capabilities as the Rane or FEA dual-band comps, but it does sound quite good, and the differences would be less apparent while playing live on stage. Dual-band compression in general can allow much more finger-articulation sound and less "swallowing of the highs" than a single-band system, so the Trace SMX is a worthy contender if those qualities are important to you, and if you find one at a fair price."
      Price includes postage in UK mainland. Or can be collected (COVID safe) from Buckhurst Hill (Essex), or I'm at my office Chancery Lane in London one-ish days a week.

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So I am pondering on maybe getting myself a proper bass amp here coming the 1st of November, next month, since I am currently just using the poweramp section of my 160W Peavey Solo Special 112 guitar combo, with the build in 12" guitar speaker unit disconnected and the amp instead hooked up with a 4Ohm, 400W, SWR Triad I bass cab with 1x15 + 1x10" + tweeter horn, and even if I actually really like that tone that gives me I just absolutely love the classic Trace Elliot tone, once having owned a 1x15" 130W GP7SM combo that I was very very fond of, and kind of regret selling.

So the question is, should I get the extremely tiny and light weight, relatively new, 200W Trace Elliot ELF amp head, which I will buy from brand new, or get the used, relatively old, and quite heavy, 300W GP7SM amp head, that is currently for sale for just about the same price as I can get a new ELF?

I would appreciate arguments for and against, beside the obvious advantages the ELF got size and weight wise, making it extremely easy to transport, unlike the old GP7SM head, that I know will be quite heavy.
      Like would there be any obvious noticeable difference in the tone they respectively produce when set flat and not using the pre-shape of the GP7SM head (which I will definitely not be using anyway, hate mid scooped tones).
      What would you chose and why?
      And what would I lose getting one over the other, beside the obvious warranty, ease of transportation, less EQ tweaking options, lack of pre-shape functions (which, as said, I won't have any use for anyway), and 100W less power, of the ELF?

Or should I rather, since I am actually quite satisfied with the tone I get now from the Peavey, which also got plenty of enough power for my use, forget about the temptation of getting a Trace Elliot amp in my possession again, and instead use my money on some new effect pedals that I also have cravings for?

• By samthebassman
      Trace Elliot cab for sale in good working order. 
      As can be seen from the photos the information has worn off the back, but I am informed (see posts below) that it is a 2103x rated at 200 watts at 8ohms. It sounds great with the combo shown in the photos (combo not included). Those 5 inch speakers are great in comparison to 'usual' tweeters.
      I think that it is pretty rare; I can't find another one for sale anywhere at the moment.
      The covering is a dark / grey matt vinyl. It has some scuffs and a couple of small holes, nothing significant.
      It has had trolley wheels added, which are securely attached and are a real help because it is heavy. 
      I will ship at buyer's cost. Due to the weight I think that it will be £35-£40 per item. I'd also be willing to deliver to pretty much anywhere in England or closer parts of Wales for cost of petrol / tolls / parking, just ask and we'll see if we can arrange something. 
      You're welcome to come and try if you like. I'm very close to j26 of the M1.
      I was not planning to sell the Trace combo in the photo, but I will sell the whole rig for £250 (ie I'm definitely not looking to sell the combo alone). The amp has a slight hiss in operation, but nothing in comparison to the sound that comes out! All of the knobs and switches work as they should and it is super loud with the awesome trace tone. Both amp and cab are pre-Gibson. 
      Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer.  

• By PunkPonyPrincess
      As I am moving to the USA and stuck in the U.K. thanks to covid-19 shutting off all means to return I thought I would have a clear out of my bulkier items sooner rather than later.

1 x GP7 Series 6 Amp and 1 x 2x10” cab set -  £400.

The 2x10 cab is untouched/unrestored and has original Trace Trace Elliot branded speakers inside it. It’s a heavy and sturdy 2 x 10 On wheels and is capable of going very loud indeed. The 2 x 10 has been used for my bass guitar used as a guitar with my pedalboard and for higher freq augmentation.

The amp is in good shape, some ageing of the tolex but all inputs and outputs are working and not missing any EQ caps.

You can hear both bass amps and speakers in use on all the bass and guitar parts of my EP https://clairefoxx.bandcamp.com/releases I work it’s in the air bass and only use a little DI. All guitar is from the bass guitars plus pedals and uses these amps and cabs plus a mix of DI and Mic from the cab. I encourage audio bleed as well to ensure it sounds natural.

Collection is a must or I can deliver to Edinburgh/Glasgow/Carlisle or thereabouts for downpayment on fuel etc. Further the let’s discuss.

The 4 x 10” and the second Series 6 GP7 is also for sale, same asking price.