Why become a member? ×

Coronavirus-best bass guitar if you were self isolating

SH73

Wouldn't the best one, be the one you already own and are familiar with? 

You DO know how long the virus can survive on solid surfaces, right? If you're serious about not catching the virus, you'd need to disinfect everything that is delivered to your home!!! How do you disinfect the packet of disinfectant wipes from the supermarket delivery?

38 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

My basses are all now practising social isolation, and are kept on wall hangers at least two metres apart.

But the real plague carriers are the valve amps ... dodgy characters with a dubious past, and they smell funny too.

2 metres apart. You must have a huge house for all those basses between you.

1 hour ago, paul_c2 said:

Wouldn't the best one, be the one you already own and are familiar with? 

You DO know how long the virus can survive on solid surfaces, right? If you're serious about not catching the virus, you'd need to disinfect everything that is delivered to your home!!! How do you disinfect the packet of disinfectant wipes from the supermarket delivery?

True and mail put through letter box, but this thread is not about being totally sterile

3 hours ago, FinnDave said:

The only bass I've been playing for the last 2 or 3 weeks is my newly acquired Epiphone Jack Casady, so if I had to choose one right now, it would be that one. Cheapest bass I own, too!

Isn't this a renewed acquaintance..? My (failing...) memory is telling me that you had one previously. Are you going to join an Airplane tribute band to go along with the GD repertoire..? :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Isn't this a renewed acquaintance..? My (failing...) memory is telling me that you had one previously. Are you going to join an Airplane tribute band to go along with the GD repertoire..? :lol:

Had one and sold it a few years ago, finally gave in and bought another. Phil Lesh used to play a Guild semi, so it kind of fits in with the Dead band, plus it has a Stealie on it :)

• Thanks 1

Just been told to stop coming in to the office until further notice

Given that it's however many weeks with nothing better to do than practice (OK, technically I will be "working from home" but even stopping the travel to work gives me an extra four hours per day...admittedly at least half of those will be spent asleep) it's a good opportunity to give some time to something new.  So despite the fact that I am expecting a new bass in the next few weeks, what I should be trying to prioritise is playing my seven string Explorer (I'm OK on it, but really need to give it time to get properly comfortable with the extra string) or my eight string mandolin (the tuning fries my brain every time, so I learn to play stuff by rote, rather than by intuitively knowing where the next note is)

However, in practice it'll all be about the new bass as soon as that arrives

image.png.07bb61bb80f7369f7779a25e93f63580.png

I think 14 days would be just about long enough to work out what the holy hell all those knobs and switches do...plus, I'd be sitting/lying down, so the mahooosive weight wouldn't be so much of an issue...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3