Why become a member? ×

Markbass Minimark 802 - adding an external speaker cabinet.

Aquilador

I have a Markbass 802 and would welcome some advice in adding an external speaker cabinet.

The power is given as 150W @ 8ohms/250W @ 4ohms. The connection to an external speaker cabinet is for an 8ohms impedance.

Can anyone recommend an external cabinet? Is it preferable to use a Markbass cabinet and, if so, which ones can be used?

I’m not much of a technician when it comes to amp speak.

Something that has the same configuration  would probably be a Traveller 102P, but it would make quite a tall stack and the two do not match sizewise.

TBH I'd sell the 802 and buy a CMD121P and a wedge stand and you get 300 watts in the 12 " speaker with the option to upgrade 2 a 2X12 rig by adding a NYC121 cab later.

I've had an 801,802, Ninja 102 250, LMII and LMIII with Traveller 102P and 115P and my go to is the CMD121P

• Like 1

Thanks Stub Mandrel and yorks5stringer for your advice and comments.

I must admit that I was thinking whether to sell the 802 and get a higher wattage bit of kit, as on half to three quarter volume I get ‘fart-out’ from the speakers when VPF is set at max. I do like a real thumpy bass, so I’m probably expecting too much from the 802! 

I shall look up the CMD121P, as I do quite like the Markbass products.