Why become a member? ×

Bruce hornsby

status1

Just the notes on the intro which is quite fast to pick out ,think it’s just based round the pentatonic scale also on a fretless I think,anything else I should know most gratefull as just want to get it right ,think it’s about eight notes ?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, status1 said:

Just the notes on the intro which is quite fast to pick out ,think it’s just based round the pentatonic scale also on a fretless I think,anything else I should know most gratefull as just want to get it right ,think it’s about eight notes ?

Thanks

Think it’s a synth that.

Just now, chris_b said:

Me too.

Similarly I listened to ‘Speed Demon’ by Michael Jackson and love that really fast run, always assumed it was ridiculous double thumb. It’s a synth - although I’ve seen a guy play it on live bass. Crazy.

Thanks for the replies everyone but as I’ve not read music since the 70 s it’s all gone out of my head so just need the notes as in d e a ect sorry to sound bit thick but allways been an ear player  so always struggled with the dots was like iton the  piano as well

D E A D d D A G D E .........A

The lower case "d" is an octave higher. Not sure what bass you'll be using.

The A is the first note after the fast little synth run.

Took this from the music sheet as it seemed more accurate than the the other TAB version.

Hope that helps

Dave

• Like 1

Probably on my trb5 p And a bit of chorus,I use a midi verb 2 but on some of the stuff I’ll be going through the keyboards as some of the 80s stuff is not easy to emulate

thanks for that ,great help,I was three notes missing so not a bad effort,it’s really quick and a great song 

• Like 1

Just had a listen. It is a sequenced synthbass part, but easy to play on bass. the notes are basically C major pentatonic with added 7. the riff resolves into Am. going up C-G D-A (if you struggle to play every note just pull off the G to D open, then hammer on A) and coming down B A G E. then resolve into squence A - E - D - C - G - D -C .

Edited by Tobe