Why become a member? ×

Sold - Fender Mustang 1975
£1150
Netherlands

Fender Mustang Bass 1975

Cool old Fender Mustang Bass in Mocha finish. Pots and serial say it's a '75. There are no further dating stamps applied on body or neck, but the year should be about right. This mocha finish really looks great as it is transparant, so you see the nice wood grains.

coAKs8k.jpg

isjYRr4.jpg

The bass is not fully original. There is a Lollar replacement pickup fitted in an aged pearl pickguard. I got this bass with the period correct pickguard (replacement?), but as you can see it looks great with an aged pearl pg now. A thumbrest with screws is also included.

As you can see from the pictures the bass has been used well. It has a lot of battle scars, and a finish crack on the frontside. No structural damage though. The neck is straight and adjustable, with pretty good frets. All hardware and electronics work like they should.

The Mustang is a cool little bass that plays and sounds great. I love the sound with the fender flats that are fitted now, which are a good midway for a modern/vintage sound.

Bunch of pictures:

8PIprqp.jpg

8LLCD0a.jpg

8k61YCt.jpg

YZzphSS.jpg

ZV4leJL.jpg

7xdL93r.jpg

pvoiFLF.jpg

WaxlfHh.jpg

G2YoANr.jpg

MdwnBzG.jpg

i02FUA1.jpg

hn45TKv.jpg

WaKKO2f.jpg

4aku1rK.jpg

ywpZHZl.jpg

tEo86bK.jpg

5WR2qmr.jpg

ELKfr7C.jpg

wJv8zgy.jpg

xMJ8fQ2.jpg

7pB0RVN.jpg

Z26iR9M.jpg

4PR7JQq.jpg

NOuv28Z.jpg

I was looking for a good Mustang for a while, to use as my main bass in a pop-rock formation. How much as I love the sound, it appears that my fretting hand doesn't enjoy it that much for some reason.

A battered old non-original case is included for protection during transport.

Price: €1.265 fixed. This is what I spent on this bass, and I´d like to get that back.

The bass can be tried and picked up in the Netherlands, but I am willing to ship within the EU/UK at buyers risk and expense.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
topic title reinstated
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

I'm not necessarily looking for any trades (well, a 2eq honeyburst Stingray with lacquered neck...). Though I could possibly be tempted if something nice is offered. I mainly like traditionally styled stuff. 

een Olympic white Fender Jazz 1966 special run met een matching headstock

FSR 1966.jpg

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic