Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN G&L SB1 1990 £850
£975
York

ped

Hi folks

G&L SB-1 from 1991. Has some nice wear to it - but all cleaned up and with incredible low action. Neck is dead straight and truss rod works well. Currently wearing Labella flats (760FX) but will also come with a set of D'addario Cobalt Flats which have been on for 10 minutes.

Beautiful sounding P bass - the MFD pickup jus sings and the tone control can take you from vintage thump to snappy sizzle. 

When I bought it the shielding was poor so it's been fully reshielded and a new jack installed so it's now quiet as a mouse. 

Collection only from York or nearby (can deliver to a reasonable distance of halfway point).

No case but can include a brand new Fusion Urban Gig Bag (black) for an extra £120.

Any questions please let me know - there's a clip of it here (played with Cobalt Flats)

Cheers

ped

https://soundcloud.com/chris-hiscocks/cams-jam

imageproxy.php.jpegimageproxy-1.php.jpegimageproxy-2.php.jpegimageproxy-3.php.jpegimageproxy-4.php.jpegimageproxy-5.php.jpegimageproxy-6.php.jpeg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

That's such a cool bass @ped,

And it sounds fantastic (to my ears at least).. 

Didn't this used to belong to @gareth, or have I got that wrong..

Anyway, its fab, mojo-rich bass so have a BUMP on me! 

GLWTS 😊

No I think Ped got it from the USA?

Love the wear down to the wood on the body - proof that the bass has been used rather than hung on someone’s wall

Try another passive G&L Ped

Maybe an L1000 or an L100 

• Like 1

No but Gareth sold one recently, a sunburst one. I bought this from Chicago Music Exchange. 

Back to one bass for me. I’m definitely a one bass guy but always enjoy trying others now and then for fun. 

Someone will be very happy with this bass. Along with the Smith I sold recently it’ll hopefully go on to make glorious music with someone else. As long as you don’t play punk with it or I’ll take it back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks I haven’t been pushing this due to meet up restrictions recently and I’m not in any rush but now that meeting within reason is possible then I’ll just bump it to say it’s still available if you can travel to York to collect. 

Postage may become an option but not for the foreseeable. 

Thanks

ped

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ariston said:

Can you shipp to France ? 

Joking aside, postage will be n option at a later date if it’s still here. The buyer will have to add the price of a hard case though. 

On 14/03/2020 at 22:55, ped said:

No but Gareth sold one recently, a sunburst one. I bought this from Chicago Music Exchange. 

Back to one bass for me. I’m definitely a one bass guy but always enjoy trying others now and then for fun. 

Someone will be very happy with this bass. Along with the Smith I sold recently it’ll hopefully go on to make glorious music with someone else. As long as you don’t play punk with it or I’ll take it back. 

What is the one bass that survives this and your Smith, if we may ask?!!! 😄