Why become a member? ×

NAD: Bergantino BAmp

bassfan

QUICK AND DIRTY VIDEO! @three @bassfan and all,

You might need to boost these settings a little and it does sound different with a CN or HDN cabinet. These settings suit the HD cabinets and there is a lot of low end coming off my kit in this room. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dood said:

You might need to boost these settings a little and it does sound different with a CN or HDN cabinet. These settings suit the HD cabinets and there is a lot of low end coming off my kit in this room. 

You’re a star. I’ll take a look tomorrow! Thanks @Dood top man. 😃👍🏻

2 minutes ago, bassfan said:

You’re a star. I’ll take a look tomorrow! Thanks @Dood top man. 😃👍🏻

Its only a quick vid, but it's a good place to start - I should have added that the 175hz control is very useful at adding punch, so I adjust that in conjunction with the 60Hz. They almost make up a double stack as there is some cross over between the two. (Hence why 2dB change actually has a much larger effect than a single control being moved the same amount.)

11 minutes ago, Dood said:

Its only a quick vid, but it's a good place to start - I should have added that the 175hz control is very useful at adding punch, so I adjust that in conjunction with the 60Hz. They almost make up a double stack as there is some cross over between the two. (Hence why 2dB change actually has a much larger effect than a single control being moved the same amount.)

Aww man. That’s great thanks!!! Love the foot switch to! I think that will be in order very soon. I’ll have a play with the amp tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Cheers Dan 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Ive seen a few video reviews on this head, but this one is the first that has made me realise how small the head is. Either that or Dan has very large hands lol. 

In fairness, I do have huge hands!! - Its definitely not a huge amp head though. 

53 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Aww man. That’s great thanks!!! Love the foot switch to! I think that will be in order very soon. I’ll have a play with the amp tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Cheers Dan 👍🏻

The foot switch is just brilliant! So simple yet SO effective. Its rechargeable too and will do 200 hours on one charge apparently! 

On 16/03/2020 at 19:35, Dood said:

Ohhhh Dan.  I like that..... a lot! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Excellent, that would be great! . I’m looking to get a Marcus Miller tone from the status... in case you were looking for ideas. 🤗😉

You need to get a proper Marcus Miller bass if you're gonna do that. Something like this:

image.png.b21a31f4048970095de2063d1bb4fbe7.png

And obviously a proper Marcus Miller amp

image.png.5e0a71f09eebf5d412fe46c427a8a3ea.png

And you're obviously not going to get anywhere without the key piece of TONE-MONSTER kit which is guaranteed to get you 80% of the way there even with a Berg amp and a Status bass...

image.png.5c850277ef107798845c85ac942bbdeb.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You need to get a proper Marcus Miller bass if you're gonna do that. Something like this:

image.png.b21a31f4048970095de2063d1bb4fbe7.png

And obviously a proper Marcus Miller amp

image.png.5e0a71f09eebf5d412fe46c427a8a3ea.png

And you're obviously not going to get anywhere without the key piece of TONE-MONSTER kit which is guaranteed to get you 80% of the way there even with a Berg amp and a Status bass...

image.png.5c850277ef107798845c85ac942bbdeb.png

I’ve got a similar hat. That’s as far as it goes. 😂 

Just now, bassfan said:

I’ve got a similar hat. That’s as far as it goes. 😂 

You're already 80% of the way there then mate! The audience won't notice the remaining 20%, so you can let Dood take the rest of the week off.

• Haha 1