Why become a member? ×

NAD: Bergantino BAmp

bassfan

Finally after 18 months of talking about it. It’s here. Arrived this morning and I’m very pleased. 

Quick play with the Status. Paired with the CN212 and it sounds awesome. Intuitive to use and very small! I have a gig tonight and it’s coming along! 

9B80F030-3DE0-4FCD-AB89-64D48A1A4C1C.jpeg

D0CBAB59-5FCC-48E4-9460-53A76A3374C6.jpeg

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 9

Congratulations! You've gone fully Berg (well nearly,  just need a Sandberg bass😁)

Can't wait to hear it in action and also to get your thoughts on whether your Mesa M6 could now be relegated to back-up amp...

It does look great! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

well nearly,  just need a Sandberg bass😁)

No chance I’m losing the status! 😂 

Thanks. I like the M6 a lot... we’ll see how well this fairs over the next few gigs. It’s winning hands down on portability! 

I can tell that you've done a good thing getting into @walshy's supply chain! I think I'm going to have to follow in your footsteps at some point soon!

Out of interest, Walshy what's succeeded the BAmp in your own line up?

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I can tell that you've done a good thing getting into @walshy's supply chain! I think I'm going to have to follow in your footsteps at some point soon!

Out of interest, Walshy what's succeeded the BAmp in your own line up?

Ampeg SVT-VR and the Handbox WB100. Unbelievably brilliant bits of kit. The Handbox is so good, it’s crazy! All welcome in my supply chain 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a keeper. I love it. It’s very different to my Mesa m6 but in a good way. Obviously not as Fat sounding with no valves but it’s very versatile. Band loved it. Complimented for cutting through the mix by a guy watching us from another band. It’s tiny and powerful. What’s not to like. 
mill get to grips with all the features soon enough! 😃👍🏻

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bassfan said:

It’s a keeper. I love it. It’s very different to my Mesa m6 but in a good way. Obviously not as Fat sounding with no valves but it’s very versatile. Band loved it. Complimented for cutting through the mix by a guy watching us from another band. It’s tiny and powerful. What’s not to like. 
mill get to grips with all the features soon enough! 😃👍🏻

I’ll have to dig my ‘fat valve amp’ settings out for you, you’ll be surprised how this amp can deliver that punch. It’s all in the clever DSP!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dood said:

I’ll have to dig my ‘fat valve amp’ settings out for you, you’ll be surprised how this amp can deliver that punch. It’s all in the clever DSP!

Yes please mate 😃👍🏻 And any others you may have to try. 😃

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

Congrats - nothing better than getting some new kit and getting it straight out there, best way to do it.

With a Status bass as well, it will be killer

Cheers. I had to get it out there in the mix, I can’t get it to any decent volumes at home so in at the deep end! 😃

4 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Cheers. I had to get it out there in the mix, I can’t get it to any decent volumes at home so in at the deep end! 😃

Good man - I am a big believer in if you play out and about just go with it see what it does.

Its quality, it’s never going to sound bad, so it’s not really a risk IMO!

Thats a Stealth bass as well is it?! Hard pushed to get anything better

Edited by Cuzzie

Just now, Cuzzie said:

Good man - I am a big believer in if you play out and about just go with it see what it does.

Its quality, it’s never going to sound bad, so it’s not really a risk IMO!

Thats a Stealth bas as well is it?! Hard pushed to get anything better

I couldn’t agree more. It was/is quality I just need to fine tune. 

No the bass is an S2 (headed). Sounds killer (IMO). 

2 hours ago, Dood said:

I'd be very interested in this too Dood if you don't mind publishing (and it's not derailing the thread) - cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll see what I can cook up for you later! The settings will be for my own bass which is far removed from passive pickups, but I might grab my P bass over and create something too if I have time :) 

I love this amp. @Bergantino Audio knocked it out of the park with the original version but the amount of software updates you can load on since are just superb. I also love that if you do an update and don't like it, you can just revert back to the previous version you did like without interrupting progress! - That said, I am yet to do that as every update has been a very positive one.

• Like 4