Simonsbass

SOLD - Alembic Stanley Clarke Brown Bass
£4000
Brighton

Posted (edited)

I was torn on this so withdrew this earlier in the week, I'm now certain I want to part with it, it's also going on eBay for a few hundred quid more so I don't expect it to stick around for long. I have another bass to pay for so I will not be lowering the price. Please don't ask and don't wait around if you want it expecting me to lower the price it won't happen. 

Alembic Brown Bass from 2002 In perfect, as new condition. 

30.75" scale

Anniversary Electronics (cable provided)
In original case - again in perfect, as new condition

Set up with D'Addario 45-105 rounds 
Walnut facings with myrtle core - beautiful figuring and flame in both. The neck is 5 piece and constructed from mahogany, birch and maple - the neck is slender and great to play. The bass has a rubbed oil finish throughout
Brass and ebony string retainer - unusual and lovely feature found on the BB and only a few other early models

plays beautifully with a low action. No paperwork (this wasn't supplied though the bass is entirely legitimate and registered with Alembic). Comes with adjustment tools, guarantee card and manual.

A new one has a pricing of around £9k
the only trade I am interested in is a non-tatty Wal 4 string so nothing else, please this is a £9000 bass 

I would like it gone this weekend, you are welcome to pay upfront and collect later if you can't make it this weekend to Brighton, or i can UPS it within the UK and europe .. and absolutely no try before your buy i dont have the time ..Thanks 

87084E90-3DAB-40BF-AD04-DA0D51635226.jpeg

9A34902C-4B78-4169-9F24-AA1FE79331DD.jpeg

995C066E-E94B-4578-B2B6-970D97E914BD.jpeg

2CBC5F6B-32E0-47AD-930D-03C566D16E97.jpeg

8C87E471-CC06-4B65-AF4D-5B7036F86232.jpeg

2CBE04FF-51A5-4FBB-AA93-023670DA8E2F.jpeg

FC7E9725-7D84-4922-9880-91855A1F464A.jpeg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
Better locked asap, considering.

5 hours ago, Simonsbass said:

.. and absolutely no try before your buy i dont have the time ..

😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ped said:

😳

Ah snowflake ! I’ll quote you shall i ped relating to one of my comments on a previous thread “that’s not very polite is it  maybe better as a pm “ I don’t want a load Tyre kickers Through my door , if I hadn’t been already contacted by a load of morons on this site already I wouldn’t have said that , I’m pretty sure if someone is buying this they already know what it is ! 

I’m not sure someone stumping up £4k is gonna want to do that without giving it a whirl 🤷‍♂️ GLWTS though 👍

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Simonsbass said:

Ah snowflake ! I’ll quote you shall i ped relating to one of my comments on a previous thread “that’s not very polite is it  maybe better as a pm “ I don’t want a load Tyre kickers Through my door , if I hadn’t been already contacted by a load of morons on this site already I wouldn’t have said that , I’m pretty sure if someone is buying this they already know what it is ! 

Do what you like, sounds like you tend to anyway. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, walshy said:

I’m not sure someone stumping up £4k is gonna want to do that without giving it a whirl 🤷‍♂️ GLWTS though 👍

Well bitter old men of bass chat it’s going to Europe so shows as always you know sweet fa ....and your opinions mean nothing SOLD 

17 hours ago, Simonsbass said:

Well bitter old men of bass chat it’s going to Europe so shows as always you know sweet fa ....and your opinions mean nothing SOLD 

Sounds like you should go with it :)

I hear Italy is nice at this time of year

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pauysuscosas
      Selling my Alembic spoiler, in excellent condition. All the elements are original and work perfectly. It includes the famous Q filter, having a wide range of mid frequencies to play with. Three minor dents, visible in the photos, are the only imperfections it presents. Comes with padded case and skb protective armor. Slappers, jazzers and metalheads delight (and everything in between!).
      Scale length
      Thru body neck
      3 maple w/2 walnut veneers
      Fingerboard
      ebony
      Nut width
      24th fret width
      Truss rods
      dual, body adjust
      Body material
      mahogany, koa top
      Body depth
      Finish
      high gloss polyester
      Pickups
      AXY4
      Controls
      vol, pickup selector, low-pass filter with q switch
      Tailpiece
      solid brass, bird
      Machine heads
      Gold Alembic-Gotoh

• By PEDRO ALFONSO
      In exchange for the 5-string Alembic, I sell this incredible Alembic Mark King, Deluxe,Original Hard Case with cover (front and rear) and COCOBOLO wood headstock, amber LEDs for the 12th and 23rd frets, and red on the rest. Body with K-Body Balanced termination. termination in heart. Like new. S/N 11MK 14157 Impeccable. 4,900 euros¡¡¡¡¡. Unique offer in K-Body, the cheapest in Europe. Only temporary until i buy the other Alembic. I reserve the right to withdraw it at any time. The video is recorded with the microphone of a mobile. Shipping costs borne by the buyer. Thanks for your visit.  

20200221_120539_001.mp4
    • By loremil
      Hello,
      Selling this amazing handmade Wilcock Short-Scale "The Mullarkey" bass. Handmade here in London, this is a fantastic instrument and only selling because I need the money. I bought it new from The Bass Gallery in London and the pictures they took still apply now - it is in great condition and sounds amazing.
      Comes strung with D'Addario halfrounds and includes Dunlop Straplocks as well.
      Collection in London or delivery at buyer's expense.
      Thanks for looking.
      Specs:
      - Alder or body
      - All Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
      - 30 inch scale, 20 fret neck (60mm at 20th fret - 40mm at the nut)
      - Graph tech nut
      - Double action truss rod
      - Medium jumbo frets
      - Bolt on neck
      - Two custom Armstrong single coil Pickups
      - 3 way selector switch and master tone and master volume
      - All Hipshot hardware (Kickass bridge and super light tuners)
      - Dunlop strap locks

• By Hellzero
      All original ALEMBIC Spoiler Flame Koa Top, 32 inches, from 1990, with original hard case.

For sale only as I'm thinning down the herd (again).

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £2299 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and in excellent overall condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : full size (S in the serial) Spoiler shape, two wings of mahogany with thick beautiful hypnotic flame koa top wings
      Thru body neck : 3 pieces of maple
      Fingerboard : ebony with pearloid oval inlays and walnut under veneer
      Frets : 24 (very very slight wear)
      Headstock : typical Alembic Cone 2 + 2 shape with flame koa top and back and 2 walnut veneers on each side
      Pickup : Alembic AXY4 (like on the Stanley Clarke model)
      Preamp : Alembic low-pass filter with Q switch
      Controls : volume, 4 position pickup selector (with the typical Alembic standby position), low-pass filter, Q switch
      Tuners : original Schaller chrome (perfectly aligned at the back, look at the photos)
      Bridge : original solid brass Alembic two parts, bird type
      Strings spacing at bridge : 17 mm
      Nut : original adjustable Alembic solid brass
      Strings spacing at nut : 12 mm
      Knobs : original Alembic used bakelite
      Scale : 32 inches
      Hardware colour : chrome
      Truss rods : 2 (fully working) adjustable at the body end with a 1/4 wrench (delivered with the bass)
      Finish : polyester clear gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : 100% Made in Santa Rosa, CA USA, originally made for Wils Musik
      Serial number : 90 S 6101 USA
      Year : 31st August 1990
      Weight : 4.1 kilos
      Action : from 1 mm under the G string to 1.5 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can even go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the lightly used (one spring latch is broken, but the latch is working) original Alembic hard case (which is still a paid mandatory option today).

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this bass because I'm thinning down the herd and even if it's a terrific bass (that neck pickup is just bloody awesome), the 32 inches scale and narrow string spacing at the bridge is always bothering me a bit.

Here is the link to this very Alembic Spoiler specs : http://alembic.com/club/messages/394/67053.html?1282867280

And here, a link to a video demo make by the crazy adorable Johnny LONG : 

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and is fitted with a brand new set of Alembic CX-3/45L compression wound nickel steel alloy strings (45 - 65 - 80 - 105), which really fit the bass to perfection.
        What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different angles to see the real condition : almost in new condition with some very few scratches, the most "important" ones being on the lower side on the edge near the electronics.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.