Why become a member? ×

Sold, Please remove.
£500
Stoke On Trent

Chaos Daveo

Hello Bass Brothers and Sisters,

Please find for sale this wonderful Sandberg Basic 4, don't let the name fool you, it's anything but..

It growls, is both active and passive and plays like a dream, its been gigged but well looked after serviced Rich Stubbs who's a fine tech in the local area of Stoke where it is currently living.

I'm up for a swap to a high quality P with a maple neck, whichever way we trade you will have to come to me as i don't drive, I wont ship and cash is king, sorry but I want it to go to a good home. I realise that sounds daft but its served me well and yes I'm that picky.

The original hardware was silver and the pick guard was white, these have all been replaced with Sandberg official parts in black and it looks spot on in my humble opinion.I can dig out the original parts as part of the sale of course, the bass will also come with the hardcase pictured.

The pros; it plays superbly and will never let you down, prepare to intimidate the living crap out of your drummer (don't pretend you don't want to) and also has a ridiculously fast neck ..

The cons; the battery cover lid is broken, notorious with these I've replaced it twice in the end I gave up and electrical tape does the job just fine. There is also a nail mark above the pick up, strangely shaped like mine and the e off the Sandberg logo is missing (it fell off) I left replacing it as it seemed more rock n roll ..these points however are clearly visible in the photo's

Thank you for looking and have an epic day..

You need it.

1046817600_Sand2.thumb.jpg.35880b5844eebd8b6f07ee8f04f5110b.jpgSand1.thumb.jpg.979d0324394bba12e1bd1d126f905eb3.jpgsand3.thumb.jpg.aa44fb7abeeb3e95838716c88e905cef.jpgsand4.thumb.jpg.21fbe55837c21106c0f560cbcd8baf8a.jpgsand5.thumb.jpg.310b6cfe85b16665ac4d5f4bd11ed0f9.jpgSand6.thumb.jpg.85a38fab73139802b414f5c1e24895d3.jpg

Edited by Chaos Daveo
  • Like 5

These are great basses. I have had one before and can vouch for that. The necks are brilliant and the range of tones is surprising considering the single pickup. They should change the name of these instruments as they are anything but "Basic".

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2020 at 17:45, petergales said:

These are great basses. I have had one before and can vouch for that. The necks are brilliant and the range of tones is surprising considering the single pickup. They should change the name of these instruments as they are anything but "Basic".

Good luck with the sale.

Its been called a basic after the collaboration with cort and the sandberg made cort arona that is identical too these. Great basses !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2020 at 12:16, Bassbandit said:

Its been called a basic after the collaboration with cort and the sandberg made cort arona that is identical too these. Great basses !!!!

I thought the Basic was out way before the Arona, which has a different pickup configuration and body shape?

Basics are great, love mine!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brightside said:

Hey, I'm interested in this bass but wouldn't be able to travel to Stoke to collect until lockdown is over. Just registering my interest!

That's sound and understandable, thanks for the interest. 

Edited by Chaos Daveo

• 3 weeks later...