Why become a member? ×

BOSS GT1-B

p3us

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a used GT1-B and I realized that when connected via USB to the computer it won't even start unless I put the batteries in. Once the batteries are in place, everithing works fine and I can use the unit  as a soundcard. I was wondering if that's how it should be... Strange that the unit wouldn't get the energy it needs to function through the cable itself. I guess it might be damaged and some help frm those of you who posess a GT1-B might be needed and appreciated. Cheers!

I use to own a GT-1B..... my understanding is that it’s designed to operate with the batteries in place all the time, and then when you insert a Jack-plug into one of the sockets (input or output, I can’t remember which) then the power is switched on.  The same probably applies when you plug in the USB....but I think the batteries have to be in situ.... I don’t think that a USB connection would provide enough juice, on its own, to power that pedal anyway.

Edited by milford59

Thank you for the reply! You know, I own a Boss GT-001, cause I like to play  guitar once in a while and that unit works fine only connected via USB. It's true, it doesn't have any batteries... And something else witch I find quite strange is that on the user's manual is not specified that batteries must be on all the time. Again, thank you for the answer!