Why become a member? ×

You what??????

Steve Browning

Interesting wording along with the picture of Eric - “so good that even Eric Clapton owned several”. 

They’re not - in a very legal sense - actually saying that EC owned this one. But there is a clear implication that he might just have and the one in the picture might actually be this one (or probably not). 

Are old basses now becoming what so many vintage cars have become? Overpriced old tat? 😁

Pino sold his backup Stingray Fretless (through The Gallery in Camden, London). He still has his original fretless 'Ray. 

Here's what his original looks like now(pic taken by his wife Maz late last year) 

Screenshot_20200310_083738_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by kevin_lindsay
  • Like 2

On 13/03/2020 at 19:28, AndyTravis said:

I knew you’d know mate 😉

He's right. I bought the backup Stingray via the gallery, about 2013,  also a 79 and in very good condition. hgLJOAc.jpg

I resold it via the gallery last year. It was still on their website when I last looked recently. According to Martin Petersen, when Pino was there recently, he tried my 62 Fretless jazz bass, currently for sale. I doubt he would have asked for a letter of provenance like I did.

Edited by GuyR
  • Like 1

Bought several things from Craig Brody when I lived in Fort Lauderdale, my office was next to his old shop so I got to know the staff very well. He always had a stack of interesting stuff plus an extensive collection of Ricks and a great museum. He also has a biz selling high end cars - Ferrari, Lamborghini bla bla. He does have a tendency to price towards the top end of the market !! He is well known in the vintage instrument world and has been around for years. I very much doubt that his stated price is any more than creating a talking point - he has a Dean on his site for the same money. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2020 at 19:22, AndyTravis said:

Is that the “Rocco” one?

'KYDA Rocco' translated is Keep Your Dream Alive. Rocco.

I know this as I have a set of Ironworks Strings in a tin sent to me by Rocco with the same signature/message!

ironically I was sent a set of 5's but there now only seems to be 4 in the tin, missing the 128's

Edited by yorks5stringer