Why become a member? ×

Tilt back?

lownote

What are people using to tilt back cabs that haven't got that capacity built in?  Being the chihuahua of cabs, my much awaited One10 is likely to have my socks, not trousers, flapping unless I can tilt it back. And, a related question, what do people use to stop heads slipping off tolex covered tiltbacks?  Tnx.

Edited by lownote12

When I had a One10 I used a Stagg 14707, which was originally recommended here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/284370-ncd-barefaced-one10-review

Later in the same thread I posted some photos of using Dual Lock to attach the head to the cab: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/284370-ncd-barefaced-one10-review/?do=findComment&comment=3384614

• Like 1

"I find no need for a tilt-back. Even if I'm standing over the cab, it disperses so well that I can hear myself easily."

Found that from  a BCer about the BF One10 4 years ago. That makes life easy... but thanks for the tips jrixn1

Edited by lownote12

purely for home use, I got one of these for a small 5w Marshall amp:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitar-accessories/electric-guitar-hangers-stands/quiklok-bs317-amp-stand

works an absolute treat, although very much based on being a good fit for the dimensions of my amp.  Admittedly mine's a combo, so I didn't have to worry about the head

• Thanks 1

On 17/03/2020 at 13:29, SpondonBassed said:

I'd be tempted to hide wedge the guitarist's chorus pedal under a cab and kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Never mind the pedal, the average guitar itself could serve similar re-purposing 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2020 at 11:43, Monkey Steve said:

purely for home use, I got one of these for a small 5w Marshall amp:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitar-accessories/electric-guitar-hangers-stands/quiklok-bs317-amp-stand

works an absolute treat, although very much based on being a good fit for the dimensions of my amp.  Admittedly mine's a combo, so I didn't have to worry about the head

This is what I use. Very handy for all sorts of guitar and bass cabs

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2020 at 13:02, lownote12 said:

What are people using to tilt back cabs that haven't got that capacity built in.  Being the chihuahua of cabs, my much awaited One10 is likely to have my socks, not trousers, flapping unless I can tilt it back. And, a related question, what do people use to stop heads slipping off tolex covered tiltbacks?  Tnx.

The One10 has a floor firing port that is (from the photos) set towards the back of the cab. I did wonder if angling the cab would mess with the performance of the port, but with it near the back it might be OK. However, you will need to be sure that whatever you use doesn't impede airflow for the port.... I would think that anything elevating the cab off the deck to any large degree might cause a loss of performance (though am happy to be corrected!!!)

Edited by RichardH
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichardH said:

The One10 has a floor firing port that is (from the photos) set towards the back of the cab. I did wonder if angling the cab would mess with the performance of the port, but with it near the back it might be OK. However, you will need to be sure that whatever you use doesn't impede airflow for the port.... I would think that anything elevating the cab off the deck to any large degree might cause a loss of performance (though am happy to be corrected!!!)

The one10 can also be used on its side and I think Barefaced say that it puts out more bass this way.  Sideways should be easier to tilt.

For what it's worth - I have no trouble hearing a single one10 sitting flat on the floor in portrait orientation.  A pair are just fantastic sounding.

Frank.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, machinehead said:

The one10 can also be used on its side and I think Barefaced say that it puts out more bass this way.  Sideways should be easier to tilt.

For what it's worth - I have no trouble hearing a single one10 sitting flat on the floor in portrait orientation.  A pair are just fantastic sounding.

Frank.

Ahh - interesting. That's OK then!!