Why become a member? ×

New bass from Enfield?

marcus bell

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

I’d suggest that Sims/Marcus need to sort an affiliate page up. Love a lot of the things they do as a company - and we’re a captive audience for a lot of their products.

A Build Diary thread might be appropriate but I haven't checked the site rules about commercial manufacturers.

5 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

It appears daddy Andy gets Cuzzie Mummies Aubergine

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

We share roles. Equality is key.

Oh it's an equal opportunities aubergine then?  The emoji doesn't convey that entirely. Very gourd, carry on.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SpondonBassed said:

A Build Diary thread might be appropriate but I haven't checked the site rules about commercial manufacturers.

Yeah. There we go. Another option.

And as it’s so specific to the owner, I’d say it’s an employee of the manufacturer saying “here’s something I did” rather than “buy buy buy!”.

But. It’s done now - I’m sure we’d like to see what they’re capable of as a company.

2 hours ago, cetera said:

Apart from on a classic Spector NS2 😉

I can see that you and me are going to get along very well 😁

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Warwick Streamers too. Same thing though... no?

Yeh word on the street is that Warwicks were (are?) a bit of Spector rip off, but probably no more so than everyone else who found "inspiration" (aka design right theft) from good ole Leo...

Edited by Al Krow

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh well, we’ll all sit around a camp fire threatening to burn each other’s basses and calling them naughty names.

What a positive start to a Saturday 😂

I’m off to look into a Brown Sparkle Yamaha BB with gold hardware and pearloid tuning buttons and 14mm spacing with midi and mini USB outputs. Fan frets and 18 stings tuned in semitonal increments.

But is it good for metal? 🤔😂

5 hours ago, OC-2 said:

I was looking to get some feedback on how the design looked to people, without blowing my own trumpet so to speak... now I get it may look bad but I was genuinely just excited to show what I had come up with myself, not look to ‘self promote’

Apologies

M

Trouble with the whole white/gold thing is, it's incredibly Marmite. As you've no doubt noticed by now :lol: I'd be interested to see it in one of the standard Enfield finishes. Some sound/video clips would be good to hear/see too.

5 hours ago, Al Krow said:

image.png.5f76f00f8b295d408e8cef0ea4fd2182.png

NO Silvia. You've missed the point. No matter how elegant, balanced and good looking a bass may be with white and gold hardware it's just wrong. FACT. No point arguing about it or having a different point of view 😉

what kind of crazy talk is that

31 minutes ago, Rich said:

Trouble with the whole white/gold thing is, it's incredibly Marmite. As you've no doubt noticed by now :lol: I'd be interested to see it in one of the standard Enfield finishes. Some sound/video clips would be good to hear/see too.

Not really an issue, I think all the folk who like that combo are due to be burned at the stake so the problem should go away pretty soon 😁

8 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Despite all the negativity here I still think it looks fantastic....

There’s no negativity - just an example of different strokes for different folk.

Edited by EBS_freak

I have a couple of basses with gold hardware. Can’t be bothered/afford to change them, but honestly it’s trying a bit too hard to look premium, isn’t it? 1920px-Vanden_Plas_1500_1977.jpgReminds me of nothing so much as the ‘fancy’ radiator grille on an Allegro Van Den Plas.

• Haha 1