Why become a member? ×

New bass from Enfield?

marcus bell

25 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

image.png.5f76f00f8b295d408e8cef0ea4fd2182.png

NO Silvia. You've missed the point. No matter how elegant, balanced and good looking a bass may be with white and gold hardware it's just wrong. FACT. No point arguing about it or having a different point of view 😉

I prefer gold on white. Warms it up. Chrome just looks cold.😉

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 4000 said:

I prefer gold on white. Warms it up. Chrome just looks cold.😉

Looks like you, me and Sylvia will be plenty warm when we get tied to a stake and burned.

The irony is that it will be by folk who think relic'd basses are classy.

😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

This looks better though, yeah?

27D70B56-F12F-415A-BBF7-67CEB946649B.jpeg

EXACTLY!

I have a few basses that are not beautiful, they play beautifully. Much more important, but there is no denying that gold hardware often does not look quite right..... well at least in my eyes.

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Looks like you, me and Sylvia will be plenty warm when we get tied to a stake and burned.

The irony is that it will be by folk who think relic'd basses are classy.

😁

If you relic’d those white and gold basses enough to remove all the finish, then you are onto a winner, or use them as the firewood for burning

Keep the pick ups tho

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Haha 1

Oh well, we’ll all sit around a camp fire threatening to burn each other’s basses and calling them naughty names.

What a positive start to a Saturday 😂

I’m off to look into a Brown Sparkle Yamaha BB with gold hardware and pearloid tuning buttons and 14mm spacing with midi and mini USB outputs. Fan frets and 18 stings tuned in semitonal increments.

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh well, we’ll all sit around a camp fire threatening to burn each other’s basses and calling them naughty names.

I’m off to look into a Brown Sparkle Yamaha BB with gold hardware and pearloid tuning buttons and 14mm spacing with midi and mini USB outputs. Fan frets and 18 stings tuned in semitonal increments.

Sure Enfield could do that.....

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Noooooo! Don't do it Andy! There won't be enough firewood if you are going to be joining me, Sylvie and 4000 at the stake...

😁

PS tbf if folk describe that BB as brown and not orange, you won't be able to complain.

Edited by Al Krow

Just now, Al Krow said:

Noooooo! Don't do it Andy! There won't be enough firewood if you are going to be joining me, Sylvie and 4000 at the stake...

😁

It’s alright, brown sparkle burst cannot be burned or killed by any conventional methods.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OC-2 said:

I was looking to get some feedback on how the design looked to people, without blowing my own trumpet so to speak... now I get it may look bad but I was genuinely just excited to show what I had come up with myself, not look to ‘self promote’

Apologies

M

Why weren’t you upfront about it then? First post didn’t make it clear you built it 😡

28 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

https://www.ishibashi-music.jp/category/select/pid/14678/language/en/currency/GBP?gclid=CjwKCAjwgbLzBRBsEiwAXVIygF1FsOsgk-IhRzwgYZuFAg4JLa4PGGBJdKnTSOn-kK4fGiP_azJM2hoCMdkQAvD_BwE

8 minutes ago, Brook_fan said:

Why weren’t you upfront about it then? First post didn’t make it clear you built it 😡

Ah well, he came clean in the end. Not worth getting angry over.

I’d suggest that Sims/Marcus need to sort an affiliate page up. Love a lot of the things they do as a company - and we’re a captive audience for a lot of their products.

We can be a spiky crew at times - I think we need to chill out; Marcus, have a word with Martin and set up a nice Basschat discount code - then I can find my donor BB for the poo brown sparkle bass...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OC-2 said:

I was looking to get some feedback on how the design looked to people, without blowing my own trumpet so to speak... now I get it may look bad but I was genuinely just excited to show what I had come up with myself, not look to ‘self promote’

Apologies

M

Then why not simply say "I'v designed a new bass, what do you think?" Much easier to be honest in the first place.

10 minutes ago, mikel said:

Then why not simply say "I'v designed a new bass, what do you think?" Much easier to be honest in the first place.

Think he gets that now 😂 

Four pages of how wrong he got it might be a lesson learned...

Anyhow. If you like it Mr Marcus, go fer it!

4 minutes ago, JazzBassFace said:

Looks like a bass with a beer gut. The way its dressed in white and gold kind of reminds me of Elvis in his final years

Now Elvis' tone (unlike the Daleks'), even in his final years, was still truly magical. R.I.P.