Why become a member? ×

Gigs cancelled due to virus...

uk_lefty

2 minutes ago, casapete said:

All my main band’s theatre gigs now cancelled indefinitely. My regular weekly acoustic duo pub gig has also just gone the same way, so that’s 100% of my regular income completely gone. Testing times ahead I feel. 😥

Thoughts are with you Pete, lets hope it de-escalates as quickly as it escalated.

36 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Thoughts are with you Pete, lets hope it de-escalates as quickly as it escalated.

Thanks Mart, it really is going to be a challenge if the situation continues for a long time. Mrs CP is also self employed in a non essential industry, so we have both been hit badly by this. As ever though there are a lot of folk worse off than us, so I have to try and keep a sense of proportion about things. No doubt we’ll get through it, now where’s that battery amp I have somewhere? Busking may be the answer, if I can find somewhere people can still congregate of course....😉

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, casapete said:

Thanks Mart, it really is going to be a challenge if the situation continues for a long time. Mrs CP is also self employed in a non essential industry, so we have both been hit badly by this. As ever though there are a lot of folk worse off than us, so I have to try and keep a sense of proportion about things. No doubt we’ll get through it, now where’s that battery amp I have somewhere? Busking may be the answer, if I can find somewhere people can still congregate of course....😉

Just been told I'm 'homeworking' from today so if you need a sideman lol.

You keep safe buddy.

Saturday's gig has been cancelled.

Being a semi-private party there was a possibility that it would still go ahead, but really it was inevitable that it would gat cancelled.

I have some fairly high-profile gigs later in the year. It will be interesting to see if they happen.

Our band was offered a gig for Saturday in our regular pub for a birthday. We have agreed to do it and I imagine it will be our last for a while. I am a bit apprehensive given the situation but let's see.

Our gig this Saturday for a 50th birthday party has been cancelled but they hope to do it in October now. The following weekends gig which is a 60th birthday party has also been cancelled but hopes to be held later in the year. Also have a wedding the week after that but no news yet and expecting the club gig the week after that to be cancelled. The rest of April is quiet but May is busy but can't see any of those gigs going ahead either.

We've cancelled all our gigs for the next 2 months, I can't see any sensible pub carrying on with any sort of people attracting entertainment whether it be live music or a pub quiz, if they do the Government will force them to shut like in Ireland. 

Anyway there won't be many folk out and about anyway

32 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I'm assuming everything in my diary is cancelled until August at least - 20 gigs and counting.

I really feel for the full-timers out there. Poor buggers.

I don't even gig full time anymore and it's hit me hard. All the other pros I know are absolutely on their derrières.

• Like 2

Saturday's gig is still on at the moment, but we're now a bit wary of advertising it, in view of the Government recommendations.

If we do, it may seem like we don't give a stinky poo about people's health if we are encouraging people to come to the club?

What are the rest of you doing for gigs that are still on?