Why become a member? ×

Windmill Lorenzo Feliciati Jazz *SOLD*
£695
Margate

jay-syncro

This is a lovely 70's style Jazz hand made by Windmill. It features a 6 bolt maple neck with a lovely rosewood fretboard, pearl blocks and white binding, lightweight body, Schaller tuners, high mass bridge and a pair of awesome Haeussel JB MM4 Pickups. It weighs just 3.8kg/8.3lb and comes with a Windmill gig bag. It was used extensively by its previous owner so expect the odd bit of mojo, but it's in good condition overall. 

Collection from Margate or I can post if required. 

IMG_20200310_204234.jpg

IMG_20200310_203923.jpg

IMG_20200310_203846.jpg

IMG_20200310_203726.jpg

IMG_20200310_204040.jpg

IMG_20200310_203713.jpg

IMG_20200310_204018.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

Let’s not beat about the bush with those Haüssels-absolute phenomenal pick ups with have beef, punch and clarity and can also do refinement.

Very noice

Agreed, they are pretty special. The large pole pieces suggest they are aggressive but I find they have an almost "produced" sound to them compared to normal jazz pickups. Very nice. 

• Like 1

Yep, don’t be fooled by big pole pieces, and a produced sound is not sterile either - it’ll be a machine no doubt - I’ve directly compared them to the small pole ones by Haüssels and other makes naturally.

GLwTs

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Yep, don’t be fooled by big pole pieces, and a produced sound is not sterile either - it’ll be a machine no doubt - I’ve directly compared them to the small pole ones by Haüssels and other makes naturally.

GLwTs

Thanks 👍🏻

12 hours ago, Bassman666 said:

Mannnn that neck is pretty. Trying to find some info on these online and coming up blank. Anyone know much about them? 

I've done a bit of research on the brand and haven't been able to find a great deal either. I've read reports they were made in either the USA or Spain and were pretty highly regarded at the time. I found a listing for another Lorenzo Feliciati signature model on Talkbass suggesting that they were over 2k Eur new. It's certainly looks and feels like a high end super jazz to me.

Can any other BCers shed some light? 

They were made in Germany - I’d say 2005-2010

there were A few models, the Jay Tee (a Jazz with 3+1 headstock) and a model called the spitfire which was like a chubby Jaguar with a mm/p configuration.

They exhibited at bass day UK in around 2007.

I had it in my head that they evolved into another brand and disappeared.

They were nice basses. And this is a bargain.

• Like 1