Why become a member? ×

GAC 2020 - the 3 nine diet!

Al Krow

I too succumbed despite selling three basses and think I was OK with that.  I bought a bass from here this week.

Cork's out the bottle now I guess.

Edited by ead

1 hour ago, bassfan said:

@dave_bass5 must be out to. Buying stuff and sending it back is still buying stuff. 😂😂

Actually I’m in big time, which surprises me.

Last bass gear was the BB435, and that was back at the shop by 22nd March. Only music gear ive brought since then is the Yamaha Reface DX that i brought yesterday, and thats a a keyboard so not a fail. I did get the Roland foot switch to use with my Stomp, but as that will work with the keyboard thats not a fail either, as its not bass specific. 

If that BB435 turns up again then I’m out i guess. 

No one likes me and ive not washed since lockdown, so I’m good for the social distencing thing as well 😂

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, ead said:

I too succumbed despite selling three basses and think I was OK with that.  I bought a bass from here this week.

Cork's out the bottle now I guess.

What did you get? Pics please! 

Oooh lovely! That does look grand - I'm a bit partial to a neck through myself.

My only hesitation with the Corts is whether the pups they use would be overly polite for my currently less than polite taste, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it - do let us know how you get on with it and how it stacks up against the rest of your herd. Oh and have fun getting to grips with a 5er. Does that mean we're gonna have to call you Bead from now on in? 😁

• Haha 1

So far I'm really impressed with the bass, the neck is super nice to play with the whole bass having an open pore satin finish.

I've played it mostly in passive mode so far but had a quick twiddle with the preamp and that seems very flexible.  I certainly wouldn't call it polite as you can dial some pretty aggresive tones in.

Now that I have once again sold my soul I'm also thinking of getting one of the Geddy YYZ pedals that seem quite fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I'm still in, though sadly that's because I've barely touched the bass or logged on to basschat in the past few months.  Lockdown seems to have dulled my enthusiasm 

Hey hang in there. Sometimes a break is a good thing, not least when we're all having to fly solo for 3+ months - it's not easy to keep enthusiasm going. In my case I'm definitely missing having gigs and a full band to play alongside. I also had pretty much a full month off when I was barely touching my basses; in fact only started picking them up again in earnest over the past couple of days. Fortunately I'd not forgotten which way up to hold the thing...although I did manage to leave a Smoothhound connected up to one of my active basses during the period and found the 9V battery was completely flat!

• Like 2