Why become a member? ×

GAC 2020 - the 3 nine diet!

Al Krow

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

With @bassfan and @Maude gonners already, that does mean we have a £tenner in the kitty...

I guess we could get one of these devices that young master krispn spotted for us on a timeshare 😁

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/yamaha-sessioncake-sc-01-mixing-headphone-amp-for-guitar-bass

If anyone else fancies it, you qualify to join if you've not bought any new gear (as per the "rules" - see the OPs) since the 24th March.

I haven’t bought anything yet!!! 

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

With @bassfan and @Maude gonners already, that does mean we have a £tenner in the kitty...

I guess we could get one of these devices that young master krispn spotted for us on a timeshare 😁

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/yamaha-sessioncake-sc-01-mixing-headphone-amp-for-guitar-bass

If anyone else fancies it, you qualify to join if you've not bought any new gear (as per the "rules" - see the OPs) since the 24th March.

‘Young master’ krispn??? Maybe if I was 17 or 18 yrs old bit c’mon man I’m in my 40’s🙄 

46 minutes ago, krispn said:

‘Young master’ krispn??? Maybe if I was 17 or 18 yrs old bit c’mon man I’m in my 40’s🙄 

You gotta remember that Treebeard referred to young master Gandalf...

It's all relative matey, as young master Einstein once said in his youf 😁

1 minute ago, FinnDave said:

I still haven't got mine, but the people at Kenny's have been doing a great job of trying to track it down for me, and and even better job of keeping me informed about their progress. All this for a ten quid sale - they've certainly impressed me, very good people there.

But on the plus side, if it never arrives you don't forfeit your £fiver (see OP) 😁

18 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I don't remember signing up for that!

Unfortunately your own words betray your lack of memory m'lud 😂

On 11/03/2020 at 20:50, FinnDave said:

I might as well pay up right now - there's now way I have anything like enough willpower to resist the lure of new gear for the next 8 1/2 months!

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, FinnDave said:

Bugger! Hoist by my own leopard, or whatever the saying is!

As you were panic over, my bad. Not sure what I was thinking but a headphone amp with no bells and whistles (e.g. like a multifx attached such as my Zoom B1X-4 has!) is totally "allowed" gear - no impact on your signal chain whatsoever (other than what you would expect from a headphone amp!).

So you're still in the game and pretty much now a whole month in! (And no £5er contribution to the kitty just yet!)

Isn't it 'bout time you bought a fancy six string? I'm sure I saw you (quite rightly!) drooling over a KS a while back 😁

Well, that's a relief!! Though of, course, although I bought the headphone amp, I haven't received it.

I've given up on the six strings, both were up for sale but one has now gone - unfortunately as a swap (for a classic 60s Jazz) rather than cash, so it hasn't created any more space in my music & other junk room.

Stop press news - just had a letter come with the post from someone I've never met but who lives about 8 miles away on a road with a similar name to ours and at the same street number as we do - and they have my FedEx package! Spoke to them on the phone and I'll pop over and collect it on Monday. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

As you were panic over, my bad. Not sure what I was thinking but a headphone amp with no bells and whistles (e.g. like a multifx attached such as my Zoom B1X-4 has!) is totally "allowed" gear - no impact on your signal chain whatsoever (other than what you would expect from a headphone amp!).

So you're still in the game and pretty much now a whole month in! (And no £5er contribution to the kitty just yet!

That's a relief, I feared I may have blown it in month 1 by ordering one of those Sesssion Cakes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out. Pedal arrived safely from Poland this morning, so I couldn't even rely on the fall back of it getting lost in the post...£5 fine in the kitty. Well I managed to last a whole month.

On the plus side I've managed to avoid buying any one of three excellent basses despite @bassfan's best efforts at thrusting Status and Sadowsky's under my nose, so I guess I should at least be thankful for that.

Finn Dave is still in this and seems to be going strong!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FinnDave said:

I think I might have failed (again) as I have agreed to a bass swap to get shot of my final six string bass. It's all wrapped up in the corner waiting for the courier tomorrow.

But this is the thread where it actually hurts in the wallet to fail 😁

3 down, 4 to go...

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

But this is the thread where it actually hurts in the wallet to fail 😁

3 down, 4 to go...

Hopefully, it'll be worth it.I'll have another 4 string to play instead of the now redundant sixes.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I’m officially out... I was seduced by a Sadowsky, better than my own abstinence thread which i was out of due to a cheap pedal.... 😂

That's a quality fail! And another £5er in the kitty! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

That's a quality fail! And another £5er in the kitty! 

😁😁

If we all fail, which I suspect we all have, is the fee null and void? 

Edited by bassfan

2 minutes ago, bassfan said:

😁😁

If we all fail, which I suspect we all have, is the fee null and void? 

Absolutely. You just gotta persuade the last couple of stragglers to fall by the way side. 

Just now, bassfan said:

@dave_bass5 must be out to. Buying stuff and sending it back is still buying stuff. 😂😂

Bet he's probably not been social distancing either, eh? eh? 😂

• Haha 1