Why become a member? ×

Like Fine China - NBD

stewblack

I had a new bass day this week. An immaculate china white P-Bass from the Bass Centre's collection. Sold to me by our own @nickcarey , replete with Detroit Flats , it has also been upgraded with new knobs and bridge.

I've hankered after one the BC precisions ever since I got my hands on my Bruce Thomas Profile and this did not disappoint. Finely balanced, clean punchy sound, lovely neck and the nicest tort guard I've ever seen. More importantly I've never owned a white bass before and was stunned how pretty it is.

At the same time this arrived my Ampeg returned from having its valve job completed by @basstone who I happily recommend to any other Somerset Basschatters.

Well today I had the house to myself. Set up and gave both amp and bass a good go. I have no idea what it is about the SVT but somehow it contrives to fill the air with bass without ever being too loud. I played along to music on a bluetooth speaker and never had it at high volume. I could easily follow the track and yet was enveloped in beautiful warm bass.

I think the white looks rather good against the black stack too.

2129251680_ampegbc.thumb.jpg.41a6119fba25ca80a4c8254ca7f7ae38.jpg

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 21

59 minutes ago, luckman67 said:

White P basses do look very nice hope it serves you well 👍.

1962182684_20191003_152619(2).thumb.jpg.6ebc22f6c0f7364c6132ded8901356c7.jpg

Tasty! Only mine has dogs resting on it. 

46 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Bass and rig look fantastic together, Stew.

I can only imagine how good they sound!

It's pretty joyous to be fair. The Ampeg sings with all new valves. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Used to have an Olympic White fretless Fender P which was great ( should never had sold it). Never tried a tort pickguard on it but I should have ‘cos I really like ‘em. 

I filled some of my day gazing at mine. Its a striking combination. 

48 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

All the name dropping on their website makes me a bit cynical.  Glad you're pleased with your purchase though - any sound clips?

Doing a bit of recording today but only on a tablet to watch for mistakes in my playing so sound quality ain't all that. I'll try to set up something better later. 

• Like 1