Why become a member? ×

Traded: PLEASE CLOSE. Squier JV Precision, 3TSB, Rosewood, Tort
£775
Cardiff

Marc S

As per title, for sale only is my 1982 Japan built JV Squier Precision bass. (EDIT: May now consider trade for a JV Jazz)
For a near 40 year old bass, it's in very nice condition, with just a few light scratches and "dings" here & there (mainly on the edges of the body)
There's a little light "blooming" on the Tort scratchplate, and light buckle rash on the back in the usual place.

I recently had the frets professionally crowned and polished, by Dave Dearnaley the well known Cardiff Luthier.
This bass sounds lovely and "warm" - absolutely spot on, nailing that vintage P bass tone. It feels lovely and "worn in / played in"
The nut width feels much like any vintage P bass, but I think the neck on these early Japan FugiGen basses have a slightly shallower depth - feels very comfortable to me anyway (and I tend to prefer Jazz necks)

As far as I can see, it's all original. Weight is just about bang on 4kg.

I need to thin the herd, otherwise I'd be keeping this bass - but needs must... I have too many basses! ;)
So no trades please... but I may be tempted if you have a 5 string fretted Wingbass (maybe)

Collection only from Cardiff - but I could be tempted to meet sellers halfway-ish. I've got Vox amp headphones so you can test it.
I could also be tempted to let you have a good deal on an 80's (I believe) Roadworn Fender (G&G) Hardcase - which this bass looks lovely in :)

Thanks for looking

EDIT: I tried to show some of the light marks & dings - but the bass was too shiny! ;)

IMG_20200308_153223889.jpg

IMG_20200308_153240233.jpg

IMG_20200308_153130913.jpg

IMG_20200308_153158029.jpg

IMG_20200308_153416021.jpg

IMG_20190716_075930685.jpg

IMG_20190704_200641077.jpg

IMG_20190704_200607236.jpg

IMG_20200308_153344805.jpg

IMG_20200308_153520586.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Nooooooooooooooooo, not this one, Marc, surely?

That's exactly what I thought when you sold your JV Fender @Paul S ;) 
Needs must good sir - I'll be selling another bass soon after as well...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Shame, though.  At least I still have a second one.

So - wotcha sellin' cheap then?

😁

Yes, I've still got my 32" Medium Scale Japan P bass too. (Think that's a keeper, as it's even rarer, and compact & lightweight)
Haven't totally made up my mind as to my next sale yet.... the jury is still out - but I've got basses I'm not playing much :(

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1

I'm going to be in Cardiff the weekend of the 17th April so could pick this up for anyone who wants it in the South-East and can't get to Cardiff to pick it up.

Sorry, not coming now. Blame the virus :(

Edited by 6feet7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 6feet7 said:

I'm going to be in Cardiff the weekend of the 17th April so could pick this up for anyone who wants it in the South-East and can't get to Cardiff to pick it up.

That's a very kind offer @6feet7 :) 

• Like 1

To anyone interested - I'll now throw in that G&G Fender Hardcase for free - can't say fairer than that
I'll try to get some pics of the case shortly - but you know what these cases look like, it's mid-brown faux leather covering, and dark brown fur lined.....

• 1 month later...

Beautiful!  Identical to the one I had in the mid 80s - what a lovely bass it was.  I PX it for an old 4001 and while I certainly don't regret buying the Rick (I still have it) I wish I could have afforded to have both.  And now I wish I had the money to buy this beauty.  GLWTS 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...