Marc S

Traded: PLEASE CLOSE. Squier JV Precision, 3TSB, Rosewood, Tort
£775
Cardiff

Posted (edited)

As per title, for sale only is my 1982 Japan built JV Squier Precision bass. (EDIT: May now consider trade for a JV Jazz)
For a near 40 year old bass, it's in very nice condition, with just a few light scratches and "dings" here & there (mainly on the edges of the body)
There's a little light "blooming" on the Tort scratchplate, and light buckle rash on the back in the usual place.

I recently had the frets professionally crowned and polished, by Dave Dearnaley the well known Cardiff Luthier.
This bass sounds lovely and "warm" - absolutely spot on, nailing that vintage P bass tone. It feels lovely and "worn in / played in"
The nut width feels much like any vintage P bass, but I think the neck on these early Japan FugiGen basses have a slightly shallower depth - feels very comfortable to me anyway (and I tend to prefer Jazz necks)

As far as I can see, it's all original. Weight is just about bang on 4kg.

I need to thin the herd, otherwise I'd be keeping this bass - but needs must... I have too many basses! ;)
So no trades please... but I may be tempted if you have a 5 string fretted Wingbass (maybe)

Collection only from Cardiff - but I could be tempted to meet sellers halfway-ish. I've got Vox amp headphones so you can test it.
I could also be tempted to let you have a good deal on an 80's (I believe) Roadworn Fender (G&G) Hardcase - which this bass looks lovely in :)

Thanks for looking

EDIT: I tried to show some of the light marks & dings - but the bass was too shiny! ;)

IMG_20200308_153223889.jpg

IMG_20200308_153240233.jpg

IMG_20200308_153130913.jpg

IMG_20200308_153158029.jpg

IMG_20200308_153416021.jpg

IMG_20190716_075930685.jpg

IMG_20190704_200641077.jpg

IMG_20190704_200607236.jpg

IMG_20200308_153344805.jpg

IMG_20200308_153520586.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Nooooooooooooooooo, not this one, Marc, surely?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Nooooooooooooooooo, not this one, Marc, surely?

That's exactly what I thought when you sold your JV Fender @Paul S ;) 
Needs must good sir - I'll be selling another bass soon after as well...

• Sad 1

Shame, though.  At least I still have a second one.

So - wotcha sellin' cheap then?

😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Shame, though.  At least I still have a second one.

So - wotcha sellin' cheap then?

😁

Yes, I've still got my 32" Medium Scale Japan P bass too. (Think that's a keeper, as it's even rarer, and compact & lightweight)
Haven't totally made up my mind as to my next sale yet.... the jury is still out - but I've got basses I'm not playing much :(

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm going to be in Cardiff the weekend of the 17th April so could pick this up for anyone who wants it in the South-East and can't get to Cardiff to pick it up.

Sorry, not coming now. Blame the virus :(

Edited by 6feet7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 6feet7 said:

I'm going to be in Cardiff the weekend of the 17th April so could pick this up for anyone who wants it in the South-East and can't get to Cardiff to pick it up.

That's a very kind offer @6feet7 :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aleio82 said:

Hi would you ship to Europe? Thanks

Hi, I'd prefer not to post thanks.

I like to make sure the new owner is happy with the bass too.

Thanks

To anyone interested - I'll now throw in that G&G Fender Hardcase for free - can't say fairer than that
I'll try to get some pics of the case shortly - but you know what these cases look like, it's mid-brown faux leather covering, and dark brown fur lined.....

Just a note to say, I'm due a trip along the M4, around the Reading area - if anyone fancies meeting me there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That is just stunning! JV Squires are amazing, I have one. If I had the cash,id be right in there.

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

Beautiful!  Identical to the one I had in the mid 80s - what a lovely bass it was.  I PX it for an old 4001 and while I certainly don't regret buying the Rick (I still have it) I wish I could have afforded to have both.  And now I wish I had the money to buy this beauty.  GLWTS 🙂

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Nice - I missed my 83 Squier so much, I’ve just bought a 76p.

@Stuee has my old one and won’t sell it back - they’re that good!

@lee650 you need this 

5546AF81-C90F-49A4-BA9A-B6EC3F9770F3.jpeg

239CF9B2-6C5D-4641-8C7C-9E210A23670F.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Nice - I missed my 83 Squier so much, I’ve just bought a 76p.

@Stuee has my old one and won’t sell it back - they’re that good!

@lee650 you need this 

5546AF81-C90F-49A4-BA9A-B6EC3F9770F3.jpeg

239CF9B2-6C5D-4641-8C7C-9E210A23670F.jpeg

😂 you're right Andy I do!!

Right that's it!! Everything's going up for sale!!😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lee650 said:

Right that's it!! Everything's going up for sale!!😁

Hmmmm I'll have that one then!  ;)  

Just a thought. But I might consider a swap for a JV Jazz bass
(I could sell my Roadworn Jazz then, and get to that "N minus one" position I'd like to be in....)