Why become a member? ×

Ashdown CTM100/300 with Barefaced 2x12

mikegatward

Here's my Matamp on top my Dubster, I'm not sure if the Dubster was a little wider than the 2x12 cabs or the same dimensions, anyway the Matamp is 24"ish wide and just about sits there safely, depends on the position of the amp's feet really. I usually use the Matamp with a Four10 but it will sit on the Dubster, it's not like it's going anywhere once it's in position.FB_IMG_1583943082120.thumb.jpg.80ef5b8e2407fa993a66d7e9eb0d7318.jpg

EDIT - Just looked up dimensions, Dubster is 21" wide rather than 19" so you're going to have a bit more overhang either side than me. You may have to move the amp's feet or add more inside the ones fitted. 

OR.... get another Supertwin and run the Ashdown at 2 ohms 😁

Edited by doomed

27 minutes ago, doomed said:

Here's my Matamp on top my Dubster, I'm not sure if the Dubster was a little wider than the 2x12 cabs or the same dimensions, anyway the Matamp is 24"ish wide and just about sits there safely, depends on the position of the amp's feet really. I usually use the Matamp with a Four10 but it will sit on the Dubster, it's not like it's going anywhere once it's in position.FB_IMG_1583943082120.thumb.jpg.80ef5b8e2407fa993a66d7e9eb0d7318.jpg

Superb setup doomed, monster sound 👍

I agree. I didn't want to assume you were rich or not. However, for some of our fellow BC'ers money doesn't appear to be an issue with their Foderas and other expensive bits of kit, which I suspect half of them probably can't play very well but have the money to convince others that they can. Miaow.  :) 

2 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

I agree. I didn't want to assume you were rich or not. However, for some of our fellow BC'ers money doesn't appear to be an issue with their Foderas and other expensive bits of kit, which I suspect half of them probably can't play very well but have the money to convince others that they can. Miaow.  :) 

Me then. Waaaaay more (exclusive/custom/bespoke) gear than talent :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Haha - my gear is a higher standard than playing but I figure my band would sack me if I wasn’t at least reasonable. Moreover, I’ve now lived in Yorkshire so long the the expression “How Much ?!” figures high in the GAS considerations.

But seriously, am now considering a CTM30 or the little stubby as I reckon the BF cab is so sensitive it will be loud enough for our pub gigs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikegatward said:

But seriously, am now considering a CTM30 or the little stubby as I reckon the BF cab is so sensitive it will be loud enough for our pub gigs

I’ve gigged a Little Bastard (basically the CTM30 without a gain control) in a reasonable loud function band in pubs and weddings using one or two BF Super Compacts and it’s been glorious. You will need to have PA support as well for the whole room/balance but the onstage volume and tone is wonderful.

• Like 1