mrbassman_de

Ken Lawrence C-Brase II 5 Koa Top - price drop
£5300
Duesseldorf/Germany

Update by Jan 1st: Buyer‘s from within UK should be aware that for imports from EU to UK since Jan 1st the UK VAT will be applicable. This VAT has to be paid by the UK buyer once the goods are crossing the borders. Note: As a private seller in EU I can not reduce the price for second hand goods as VAT has never been included in the price.

Kenneth Lawrence is one of the most genious bass luthiers on the planet (that's what Vinnie Fodera said) and he is a top player too. He builds basses from experience, not only theory.

I decided to reduce my private collection and to part with my pair of C-Brases. This is the fretted one (the fretless is already sold).

Highly Figured Koa Top
Chambered Alder Body
Lined Ebony Board
Abalone Blocks
34“
Nordstrand Dual Coil Pickups
Pope Flexcore Preamp (Vol/Passive Tone, Balance, 4-Bd. EQ, Frequency Switches for both mids, Act./Passive, Par./Serial)

Very lightweight ! Low action. Plays fantastic.

Condition is like new. I personally ordered this bass from Ken years ago. Retail price was about 9.000 Euro (plus VAT) back then.

Asking price 5500 EUR or 5.000 GBP (at current exchange rate) plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany.

Trade options are my other favourite brands:
Fodera (no Standards except MG5)
old Fenders
Alleva Coppolo
Ken Smith Elite
Xotic Lightweight
F Bass

options possible with 2for1 or with cash either way if needed

Open for reasonable cash offers too.

_bodyfront01.JPG.46b5b90df92e7f21602594215597d3c7.JPG

_bass02.JPG

_bassback.JPG

_bodyback01.JPG

_detail03.JPG

_detail05.JPG

_detail06.JPG

_head01.JPG

_bodyshape01.JPG

Edited by mrbassman_de
New pics and trade options
  • Like 6

Your bass appears to have some holes in it... it's ok though, I'll take it off you're hands instead of you throwing it away. 😉

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cascanicoff
      For sale a gorgeous Sadowsky 25th Anniversary made in USA. Koa top, ebony fingerboard. 4.00 kg (8.8 pounds, I think). Sadowsky preamp with VTC. It was a very limited edition of 25 units, this is the number 9.

The bass has been thoroughly played and displays some cosmetic marks, that are visible on the pictures. The working condition of the instrument is 100% perfect and the tone is, of course, a dream.

The price is 3300 euro/2900 pounds, with the original Sadowsky semihard case. The instrument is in Bilbao (Spain).

• By mrbassman_de
      Kenneth Lawrence is one of the most genious bass luthiers on the planet (that's what Vinnie Fodera said) and he is a top player too. He builds basses from experience, not theory.
      I decided to reduce my private collection and to part with my pair of C-Brases. This is the fretless one.
      Flamed Maple Top
      Chambered Body
      Lined Ebony Board
      34“
      Nordstrand Magnetic Pickup
      RMC Piezo Pickups
      Pope Flexcore Preamp (Vol/Passive Tone, Balance, 4-Bd. EQ, Frequency Switches for both mids, Act./Passive, Par./Serial)

Condition is like new - some minor wear on the board from Rounds.
      Asking price 4.800 EUR or (4.200 GBP (at current exchange rate) plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany.

• By 3Gorillas
      SOLD!

Kenneth Lawrence ChamberBrase II 5-string

Update: Weight and some new pics
      Ken Lawrence is without doubts one of the best luthiers ever. Even Vinnie Fodera came to this conclusion (and well, he might know a bit about basses as well… ;-)). I have been playing Ken's basses for long time and can 110% confirm this reputation. Besides being an extraordinary player himself Ken is the nicest guy who really cares about his customers.

This bass is extremely rare and kind of a full-house-configuration, see spec sheet below. It hardly gets any more exclusive:
      Abalone inlays and logo, ebony bindings on fretboard, LED-Dots ……
      The craftmanship is out of this universe. The construction with its semi-hollow body gives the instrument an unbelievable dynamic and response. The sound does have an acoustic touch with some "airy vibe", but ultimately this is a powerful electric bass that delivers an amazing low-end.  In fact I have and had also several Foderas from 33" to 36" scale and this bass has by far the best b-string I have ever player.
      The bass has been used and played a lot, but always extremely well cared. I used it on several tours throughout Europe and did not have to touch the trussrod a single time. Even on real big stages the sound is well-defined and precise, never boomy.

Very low action with B-G at the moment. Also used E-C for some time, so that is possible of course
      The ramp can be removed without any marks
      Condition is excellent, I would give a 8.5 - 9 / 10. After very close inspection I found 3 marks: 
      A little mark at the wooden electricity cover, a mark at the upper flush mount straplock and one next to the input jack. The last two marks are very superficial and just affecting the lacquer (Ken uses an ultra-light finish). It is not in the wood, no dings or dongs.
      The instrument would cost > 10.000 USD new plus shipping, tax, customs etc. and at least 2 years waiting time (guess it might be even longer, Ken just takes orders in January). So much more than 10.000 Euro with all the overhead.

SOLD

The bass is located near Bonn / Germany. Shipping at buyers expense and risk is no problem.

Specs:
      Kenneth Lawrence Instruments ChamberBrase II
      Scale Length: 33"
      Nut: 1 3/4” nut
      String Spacing: 19 mm, Adjustable To 18-20mm
      Body Wood: Claro Walnut
      Top Wood: Figured / Blackened Redwood Top and Headstock Cap
      Neck: Eastern Maple 3 Piece with Dual Function Stainless Steel Truss Rod
      Fretboard: presumably Cocobolo with Gaboon Ebony Binding
      Inlays: Paua Abalone Blocks with Matching Paua Abalone Headstock Logo w/ Ebony Surround
      Additional: Gaboon Ebony Control Cavity Cover
      Electronics: Blue fibre optic side dots with on/off switch Nordstrand hum-cancelling "J" pickups w/ Gaboon Ebony covers Customized Glockenklang 3 band preamp, Tara Labs wiring
      Update:
      Weight: According to my old bathroom scale the bass weights 4.1 kg. In comparison to my other basses where I know the precise weight this makes completely sense…
      Toggle switches: There are two toggle switches, one switch is the on / off for the blue LEDs in the fretboard, the other one is some sort of boost. It adds a big load of db to the signal and gives the bass a fat bottom (as far as I see it can be trimmed, its the blue circuit, please the new picture of the cockpit).
      Haven't used both switches at all, as I usually have enough light on stage and play the bass 90% passive. I used the EQ as a second setting with a slightly shaped solo sound. However, I asked Ken about the exact specs of the circuit and will be able to give a more profound answer very soon hopefully.

• By Brams77
      Up for sale, sadly for me because I have a very busy job and can't get much time into playing anymore.
      This I would rate as one of the of not the best 5 stringers I have owned, and I've owned about all of the top shelve beautique brands at some point. Craftmanship is really OCD/top notch, very unique neckshape very shallow and comfortable. I would say the sound is in between a Fodera and MTD. Huge B string, very even across the board, a real pro studio grade instrument.
      The bass is in great condition as shown in the pics.

Body Alder - Neck 3 piece maple + reinforced bars - Fret board macassar ebony - Top Myrtle - Pickups Seymour Duncans - EQ Duncan 3 band - Scale 35' - String spacing 19mm - Weight 3,9 kg - Original soft case included
      No trades please I'm trying to slim it down as I dont have the rime anymore

• By drums1977
      For sale my BC Rich Eagle bass from 1978. Neck Through, original DiMarzio double PUs, Badass bridge, Grover tuners, etc. This is the most seeked version, in Koa wood. No modifications or repairs, fully working Neil Moser electronics. Neck is straight, low action, and fully working truss rod. The bass has just been profesionally setup  and plays like a dream. The amount of tones you get out of this bass is amazing. Also, a very rare feature for one of these basses from the era: very light weight, under 8,5 pounds. Original hardshell case included.
      Price is 2300 EUR.