Why become a member? ×

Fodera Emperor Elite II 5 Holly Top - SOLD
£6600
Duesseldorf/Germany

mrbassman_de

Fodera Emperor Elite II from NAMM Show 2003. Probably the first Fodera with a Holly top, which is now faded into a wonderful Butterscotch Blonde.

Ash Body with solid Holly Top
5pc Maple Neck
Birdseye maple Board with Abalone Blocks
Pope Preamp
Black Hardware
Aero Dual Coil Pickups in Holly covers
35“, 19mm string spacing adjustable

Weight 4,94 kg
Non-original Case

Some dings here and there from regular playing. Everything works perfect. A typical deep and strong sound with a nice snap in it. Recently plek'd by Fodera and has a nice low action.

Price drop !
Asking 6.800 EUR (currently about 6000 GBP) plus shipping from Duesseldorf / Germany.

IMG_4162 (1).jpg

Edited by mrbassman_de
SOLD
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Look at the Talkbass thread here:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/fodera-aero-vs-duncan-pickups.1219420/

I would agree that Aeros make the bass sounding more „modern“ while the Duncans support a „vintage“ timbre. I would add that the Aeros sound more scooped yet open in the higher registers and the Duncans have more upper mids emphasis - that makes the Duncans sometimes sitting more perfect in the mix. But the Aeros sound rich too. I personally would prefer Aeros for Maple Board/Ash basses, where the upper mid grind of the Duncans could interfere too much with the sweet spot of the wood...  

Although I never compared them A/B in the same bass. So there is no proof ...

Edited by mrbassman_de

The Duncans have a bit more midrange, especially upper midrange which most players would associate with a more "Fender-like" tone but you can easily dial that in with a good EQ, the tone overall is not that different. I would rather go for the Aeros and turn down the passive tone bled a bit if needed. As I stated before, the Aguilar Super Double makes much more of a difference in comparison. It also depends on what rig you play and the tone you want to achieve.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic