Why become a member? ×

Asking for a friend.

NancyJohnson

Our guitarist is a lefty, he's played bass elsewhere and owns a Fender Jazz and a Rickenbacker 4003.

In the last few days he's been peppering me for suggestions for a shortscale he can just rack up in his studio and noodle on.  Choicewise, no Fenders or Gibsons.  He wants something a bit quirky/odd.

He's looking at stuff like Eastwood or Danelectro.  Anyone able to chip in with suggestions?

Danelectro has a lefty Longhorn that's really good fun, and Eastwood built lefty Hi-Flyer basses (Mosrite copy) that are pretty decent. If hollow or semi-hollow is an option too, I'd look at Höfner, Hagstrom (Viking Bass) and possibly that new Schecter that's up on Andertons' site: 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/left-handed-bass-guitars/schecter-bass-banshee-bass-owht-lh

If it was the 2018 with the Babicz, then yes.

A bit of a palaver buying it, mind.  Seemed really worried about upsetting his wife with another purchase...went through all the tried and tested things he could say from, 'What? That old thing?' to 'I'm borrowing it from someone.'  Messaging went quiet and about a hour later he shot me over a screenshot of the purchase.

What a dance, eh?

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

If it was the 2018 with the Babicz, then yes.

A bit of a palaver buying it, mind.  Seemed really worried about upsetting his wife with another purchase...went through all the tried and tested things he could say from, 'What? That old thing?' to 'I'm borrowing it from someone.'  Messaging went quiet and about a hour later he shot me over a screenshot of the purchase.

What a dance, eh?

One I know all too well myself! 

• 2 months later...