Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe 60's Jazz 2009 - SOLD
£325
Bristol

Shambo

Last, but not least, in my big bass clearout is a Squier Classic Vibe 60’s Jazz bass.

I’ve had several CV basses over the last few years and this was the pick of the bunch. It really seems, to me, to feel like a much more expensive bass. The pickups were good but the pots were crap, so I upgraded to one of Ki0gons quality VVT looms (original pots included). It’s wearing TI Jazz flats and resides in a new Armourdillo hard case that has never left my house. It weighs 4.12kg or 9lb 1oz, was made in 2009 and is in excellent condition with no bumps or scrapes. Basically, it’s a player and I was seriously considering keeping it as my only bass instead of my Pro P.

£325 GBP collected from Kingswood, Bristol. Postage in UK is £30 extra. I'll gladly consider interest from mainland EU members who have good feedback and presence. I will post at your cost and exact quotes will be obtained for anyone with a serious interest. All trials are very welcome in Bristol. Payment is by cash or bank transfer.

IMG_3180.thumb.JPG.afe57d234276bdbe4fe1be47e738872b.JPGIMG_3181.thumb.JPG.14099be29d1c8efc0a560d9c24c1c6e6.JPGIMG_3182.thumb.JPG.06f09669203aa813236fa16ca6fbfc24.JPGIMG_3183.thumb.JPG.4a68197bf212c05c1d2267cdac219d88.JPGIMG_3184.thumb.JPG.12f504c65f5cb4d7d9120bebb8135d57.JPGIMG_3185.thumb.JPG.4fb9b3df868e0c54c97b9f3fa97e897f.JPGIMG_3186.thumb.JPG.598d5f1146025e5b48911ed408879d61.JPGIMG_3187.thumb.JPG.c6a20def84727bbf73bae04c5202fc85.JPG

Edited by Shambo
SOLD
  • Like 3

Great basses these. I've owned two and only sold them due to circumstances. Well, I tell myself that but in reality, it is  because I am a complete tool. Much regret about it. Brilliant necks. GLWTS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, itsmedunc said:

Great basses these. I've owned two and only sold them due to circumstances. Well, I tell myself that but in reality, it is  because I am a complete tool. Much regret about it. Brilliant necks. GLWTS.

I agree, it is the neck IMO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

You can't scratch a white bass itch. Once you get one, destiny dictates, there will be more! 😂

I know. And there is something about a P Bass / jazz bass matching pair isn't there? 

However the gigs which might have funded such luxuries are all cancelled. 

• Like 1

I don't think this is the right time to be asking couriers to deliver non essentials. Also, I'm not going to be going to the post office for a few weeks or until the coronavirus situation changes for the better. If you want to collect from me in Bristol, and taking in to account the current advice regarding social distancing, this might be possible... maybe we could do the deal in my front garden? Like an illicit drug deal in a Hollywood movie...

"Have you got the goods?"

"Yeah, have you got the money?"

"Yeah. Show me the goods and I'll show you the money"... etc...

If you drop the cash and back away then I'll edge forwards and pick it up, count it, stuff it in an airtight bag for at least 72 hours, leave the case on the ground and then back away slowly to go wash my hands. You can pick up the case when I've backed away, whisk it away to the boot of your car for transportation to the bass quarantine of your choice. We can exchange brief pleasantries from a safe distance then go our seperate ways. Or something like that, I'm making this up as a go. I'm bored and stuck indoors. I have no symptoms but that's not the point.

Please, by all means, get in touch if you want to express an interest, and I will give you first refusal when some sort of relative normality resumes. I hope you understand.

Stay safe everyone. Warmest Regards.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 27/03/2020 at 05:41, bigsmokebass said:

Great bass

Gent of a seller

Good price, a deal to be had

Thanks Grae.

I'm open to posting again and this bass is back up for sale.

No trades or offers please.

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic