Why become a member? ×

Multi-instrument stands ... a new approach

Happy Jack

1 hour ago, Simon. said:

That makes me want to vomit...

Why does any citizen need weaponry like that?

America has a dangerously warped view of firearms, it's painful listening to gun nuts evangelise weapons like they are living in some wild west power fantasy where people need to be armed to blast the bad guys. At this stage I don't think stricter gun control would even work over there, they basically need several generations of deprogramming.

Interestingly you can legally own the American mass shooters' weapon of choice over here - the AR15 - in 22LR cal, just that nobody really wants one aside from a few enthusiasts and we don't have the irresponsible culture where being seen walking around with a military style firearm is in some way inherently masculine. I held a shotgun license in my youth and used to go shooting with my dad, guns were never something you'd show off or glamorise. In fact it would be seen as childish to do so which is exactly the reaction I have when watching videos like the one above or of the 2nd amendment protesters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Simon. said:

That makes me want to vomit...

Why does any citizen need weaponry like that?

The same reason I have a shotgun.  The same reason 8 people a day are killed on our roads and no one cares.  The same reason we all have kitchen drawers full of knives...

54 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

The same reason I have a shotgun.  The same reason 8 people a day are killed on our roads and no one cares.  The same reason we all have kitchen drawers full of knives...

I don't follow the logic. I've never needed a gun to drive to the shop or cut up a steak. 

American's obsession with guns is beyond disturbing. 

It's not about needs, it's about wants and what they consider to be their duty in upholding the 2nd ammendment/being a patriot/resisting an opressive government/protecting muh freedumz or whatever paranoia based propaganda is doing the rounds this week. They have had the gun fetishism drilled into them from an early age, it's radically different from owning objects which serve a purpose like a kitchen knife or a car.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1