Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang Authenticity ??

AVW

Any clues on this please, it's being offered to me with owner not knowing much about it.

He says he found it in his loft. From my own investigation online, I can't see anything close that matches it, as regards to the bridge and especially the headstock, which looks like a P51 with the tuners repositioned (quite well) at some point and truss rod adjust at the body end!

Is it for real, or a botched up fake me wonders ... 

Any help welcomed ...

Mustang 01.jpg

Mustang 02.jpg

Mustang 03.jpg

1 minute ago, Grahambythesea said:

Fake. The body shape is wrong around the top horn, too pointed. Wrong pickup and then that headstock and logo. If it plays well give him £50 if he won’t pay you to take it away.

Cheers Graham, I see that now ... he want's £150 for it, so quite happy to walk away from it + too far to travel to go get it!

I wouldn't give £1.50 for it. If the body was from a real mustang it will have string-thru holes under the bridge visible on the back of the body. The grotty neck with its grotty tuners with its marker pen pen & letraset logo looks like it could be a fair bit longer than a mustang neck; it certainly has too many frets. I expect that will be impossible to intonate so will sound horribly out of tune.

• Like 2