Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick 5-string Star Bass (Korean-made Pro Series) - Temporary Price drop £650
£800
Norwich, Norfolk

jamesbur

Temporary Price drop to £650 for two weeks, get it whilst its cheap!! (will ship within mainland UK for additional £35)

I'm somewhat reluctantly selling my Pro series Warwick Star Bass 5 string. This bass is the older model made in Korea (not the current Chinese made Rockbass model) and is 34" scale rather than the current 32" scale basses. The bass is in overall very good condition with a few belt buckle scratches on the back (pictured) but otherwise very clean (the 3/4 pic of the front shows finger-print smears, not scratches!). The bass is finished in high-gloss 'Nirvana black' with cream binding on front and back. The pickups are the standard Warwick chrome plated MEC (the logo has rubbed off the neck pickup a little bit) and the electronics are stock passive with pickup selector switch (neck, both, bridge). There are some minor finish imperfections such as some small marks on the side of the fret-board, etc but these have been present from new. The star bass is a semi hollow-body design with a centre sustain block and a set neck which is glued to the body. The frets on this model are brass (rather than the nickle frets on the newer model). Comes with original Warwick strap-locks (which are ok but not great quality) and original adjustment tools.

The bass cost me about £1600 new from Thomann a few years back and has been a reliable workhorse, gigged mainly on relatively tame 60's cover band gigs where it fits perfectly in terms of style and tone. Comes with a sturdy Hiscox hardcase (shown in pictures) which on its own cost me well over £100.

Buyer collects from Norwich (or will meet halfway if within 100 miles of Norwich). Payment on collection with either cash or bank transfer.

EDIT: Added demo video with audio recorded directly with no compression or EQ. (video at bottom of images)

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

Edited by jamesbur
Now sold!
  • Like 2

• MB1 locked this topic