Why become a member? ×

NGD - Ibanez SA

AndyTravis

Well, I’ve had this knocking about for demos, it belongs to a mate and he basically gave it me.

Theres a plan to change the pickups out, I have a mate who reckons he has a Gibson classic 57 Bridge pickup in a drawer I can have.

It feels lovely - must be about 20 years old, made in Korea. An SA160 I think (the first rung up from the Gio range).

Can achieve a ridiculously low action, and has enough sounds (possibly more with new guts) for my recording needs.

Will also be used by The new guitarist in the band who’s main guitar is a bit too “metal” for us.

I’ve just shoved some jazz bass knobs on it...debating making a pickguard for it too.

5FDB0A2F-8A5D-4733-B29B-DE4360262549.jpeg

• Like 1

I have an SA36 - same layout. I put a dimarzio par on the bridge and a Seymour Duncan compressed humbucker in the neck, that last one was wrong, it's not the right spacing and it doesn't suit them. 
note the pickups are weird, if it has the pull switch it's because the two single coils are very different from each other

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...