Why become a member? ×

Gary Willis GWB105 fretless for sale
£600
London

Damo200

I am selling my excellent Gary Willis GWB105 which is the rare Korean made model with the Bartolini pickups/electronics and ash body. I bought this bass several years ago from a seller on this site and have kept it in the same pristine condition. I had a neck reshoot from The Gallery to make it super smooth and used it on the original Wicked UK tour. I have since kept it knowing that I could probably never replace it, but it's gathering dust now and I have childcare bills! There are no dings or scratches on the body (nothing I can photograph anyway). If you look very carefully, there are perhaps one or two tiny indentations on the body but the condition really is like new. There are minor scratches on the Ebonol fingerboard which is perfectly normal on a fretless and they say, improves the sound but again, they don't really come up on photos. You might want to change the Elixir strings but personally, I like them to be a bit on the turn on a fretless!

This bass has probably appreciated as I saw one online go for over £1000 but I am asking for what I originally paid for it which was £600. I will also include some Schaller straplocks, a strap and the original strap buttons.

I am based in SE London and would prefer not to post but will do it at cost anywhere in the UK and at the buyers risk. It will be carefully packed and the hard case is pretty strong!

I will miss this bass as its definitely got that fretless sound and it is also very light.

I have attached photos (please note the mark on the back plate on the second photo is actually the protective film which I never took off).  Specs below. Do please feel free to contact me with any questions!

WEIGHT: 8 lbs. 9 ozs.   

SERIAL #: 05070006 

NUT WIDTH: 1 3/4" 

SCALE: 34"

COLOR: Satin Natural

BODY/NECK/FINGERBOARD: Ash/ Maple/ Phenolic

PICKUPS/ELECTRONICS: Bartolini Humbucker/ 9V Bartolini NTBT EQ, Vol. w/ Push-Pull EQ Defeat, Stacked Bass-Treble,

CONDITION: Near immaculate

CASE: Hard case in excellent condition included with original instruction manual etc.

GWB1.JPG

GWB2.JPG

GWB3.JPG

GWB4.JPG

Case.JPG

Edited by Damo200
  • Like 1