Why become a member? ×

NBD. KSD Proto J Lefty.

JottoSW1

VERY heavy pretty battered and I think John East is the way to go (if I ignore the cost versus bass purchase price !!!;). 35" scale a new sensation for me too. This is going to be a "project/rolling restoration" for sure.

• 1 month later...

Liked it lots on Passive when. I gave it a go. Pre-Amp is fritzed and electrics in a solder spattered mess. Am grappling with these at present. Will be getting advice on frets once Luthiers reopen, largely leaving the heavy relicing alone as it's real wear'n'tear! It's longer than any bass I've encountered too, good two inches too long to get in my Levy Gig Bag. Have a Bartolini xtct which I may install, but in two minds. As I'm left handed a Glockenklang might be good or just go for an East/Audere. Any Ideas

I had an Audere in my Jazz and loved the range of tones it offers. The impedance switch felt a bit useless to me (huge effect though!), but the EQ is good. Because my bass had a side jack, I chose the version with passive tone control at the 4th spot where otherwise the jack would have been. I was annoyed with all the knobs working counter-intuitive though because it was a righty unit and all my other basses have reverse pots. 

Yeah the Ksd has a (knackered) side Jack and think I could live with the r/h Pots. Tell you what though, this Bass is big and HEAVY. 13lbs plus. Might stick the Bart in my VM Jazz, now my only 4 string. At the moment my old Cort and Sire M2 are seeing me through the lockdown. Am endeavouring not to annoy my Neighbours in my block of flats, until my dreams of a somewhat more capable Home Amp come to fruition.

Edited by JottoSW1
Misspelt Sire Damnit and home Amp

On 30/04/2020 at 05:13, LeftyJ said:

I had an Audere in my Jazz and loved the range of tones it offers. The impedance switch felt a bit useless to me (huge effect though!), but the EQ is good. Because my bass had a side jack, I chose the version with passive tone control at the 4th spot where otherwise the jack would have been. I was annoyed with all the knobs working counter-intuitive though because it was a righty unit and all my other basses have reverse pots. 

Got an Audere courtesy of @chimike of this Parish. All hitched up and this Bass sounds epic.  Gonna need a bigger Amp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Aand just got it back from a clean up / set up with new d'Addario Black Tapewounds, Fret Polish. Sounds absolutely great and plays beautifully.

Low B sounds enormous, a perfect match with a Trace Ah500x / Epifani UL501. Been playing it most of last weekend.

Even prefer it to my Sire M2. !!!!

Edited by JottoSW1
  • Like 1