Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Akai Deep Impact

Higgie

So, I have this rare and sought after synth pedal. It's not getting the use that it deserves. But on the other hand I'm a snob and like to have it just because it's there if I ever do need it.

So this is just a feeler. Not sure I want to sell, but I need some money, so thought I'd see if anyone can tempt this out of my fingers. IF I were to sell I'd want cash, but please run your trades by me just in case, as you never know!!

Can be seen here:

[quote name='crez5150' post='406214' date='Feb 11 2009, 01:14 PM']Off topic but what do you think of the Mutron on the whole... I'm thinking of grabbing one myself.[/quote]

The Mutron is quite simply the best filter ever made. Simplicity in operation and the most musical filter sounds ever created IMO! Bit big and hard to power, but grab yourself a couple of GigRig virtual batteries and you can run it off a 9v Supply (this is what I do and it works a treat). You might want a True Bypass loop or have it modded because the Bypass is crap - but all in all it's the greatest! I'll let you know if I come to sell it and you haven't got one yet!! Hell, you're only in Essex...If you want to pop round and try it be my guest!! ;)

[quote name='Rich' post='406226' date='Feb 11 2009, 01:18 PM']Also off topic, but what's the silver unlabelled one with 4 knobs?[/quote]

It's a modded Russian Big Muff, made by our very own Toasted. Loads of beefy bass fuzz...No low end loss whatsoever!

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='agoulding' post='408194' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:37 AM']^^^^^^HAHAHAHA, This thread is win.

If i had the dosh id have this off you straight away.

you have an awesome looking, and most probobally sounding pedal board ive seen/not heard!

I wants.[/quote]

Thanks, I'd have to say yes, it does sound awesome ;)

Definitely looking to let this go now, so offer me something, you just might end up with a Deep Impact! :P

I don't have the box or manual for this, but I do have the original Akai power supply.

Cheers!

Edit: Here's a link to the two most recent Deep Impacts sold on eBay UK:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Akai-SB1-Deep-Impact-Bass-Synth-effect-pedal_W0QQitemZ160316306771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item160316306771&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]1[/url] and [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/akai-deep-impact-bass-pedal_W0QQitemZ280312036613QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item280312036613&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]2[/url]

Using those as price guides I'd be after somewhere in the middle ;)

Edited by Higgie

Forgot to mention, I will include the Loop Master tap tempo switch that can be seen below the Deep Impact in the picture (the small 2inch square box). It plugs into the Program down jack and basically allows you to scroll backwards through the presets, as the 2 original footswitches are program up, and effect on/off. Nifty ;)

Edited by Higgie

The latest [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AKAI-Deep-Impact-Bass-Synth-Pedal_W0QQitemZ250377131629QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item250377131629&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]Deep Impact Auction[/url] finished at £330, and this doesn't even have the original Power supply!