Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision fretless 1977/78 NOW SOLD.
£1600
Wirral.

mart3442

Sold.

Bought from a fellow basschatter a couple of years ago. A very late '77/early '78 factory fretless Fender Precision. (Serial no says 1977, neck and pickup dates say 1978)....
In great condition for a 42 year old Bass, the finish has sunk into the grain in parts on the body, a few little marks here and there, and some lacquer chips on the headstock, but no major dings anywhere.
Judging by the crazing in the headstock lacquer, I'd say it's been finished in nitro cellulose.
The scratchplate has a slight warp in it, which isn't unusal for this era.
The nut has been changed to brass, a long time ago from the looks of it, and likewise, the bridge barrels have also been replaced with brass items. Other than those, and some of the scratchplate and pickup screws, this is a very original instrument.
The fingerboard has just been reshot and dressed to the correct radius by Mike Smith Guitars, Southport, and is a lovely piece of highly grained Rosewood, in perfect condition, that plays like new.
Weight is typical Fender fretless fare, I'd say between 9 and 10 pounds. Not as heavy as the maple necked one I sold on here a few years ago, but meaty enough.
A semi rigid case is included with the Bass, but for an extra £60, I'll throw in a Hiscox instead.
Happy to courier, (I estimate £30-35 with insurance extra), or any buyer may collect.
Any questions, please ask.

Cheers.

Mart

Edited by mart3442
Price change.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2020 at 16:33, mart3442 said:

Not as heavy as the maple necked one I sold on here a few years ago, but meaty enough.

I still have it! Yes, it’s big and chunky but that’s the way I like it. :D GLWTS  

5 hours ago, matski said:

I still have it! Yes, it’s big and chunky but that’s the way I like it. :D GLWTS  

Ahh, that's great! I loved that Bass, but too heavy for my old back. Remember when you wanted to buy it and I asked how old you were?! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • MB1 locked this topic