Why become a member? ×

Is this the single most pointless piece of guitar or bass gear ever?

TrevorR

I can see a use for this; half of my band’s songs are pick songs which are more comfortable played with the bass quite low, and the other half are fingerstyle which I prefer to play with the bass higher. Therefore my bass is set at a compromised height somewhere between the two positions which is manageable but not really ideal. The ability to change strap length could be useful. 

2 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

I can see a use for this; half of my band’s songs are pick songs which are more comfortable played with the bass quite low, and the other half are fingerstyle which I prefer to play with the bass higher. Therefore my bass is set at a compromised height somewhere between the two positions which is manageable but not really ideal. The ability to change strap length could be useful. 

Same here. not in anyway tempted to get the thing, but i can see a use for it.

The only Kickstarter thing I bought was a suspended system with a flash and a remote control for smartphones. Took two years to get it and it was utter Chinese crap not even conform to the original presentation. Went to the bin !

I'm afraid this one would be the same.

I don think I’d every buy something like this, i was just pointing out  that different heights can be useful, but i agree, that string part is a bit off putting.

I use Peak Design gear for my camera stuff, and they use thin industrial nylon connectors, Was a bit worried about them breaking at first but its amazing how much weight those things can hold. 

30 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I use Peak Design gear for my camera stuff, and they use thin industrial nylon connectors, Was a bit worried about them breaking at first but its amazing how much weight those things can hold.

It's not the strength I'd worry about, it looks cheesy.

On 07/03/2020 at 16:50, paul_c2 said:

Could be applied to many other areas of guitar! 

What about a small device mounted on the headstock which could be used to accurately adjust the pitch of an open string.....oh hang on, maybe there is need for that....
Or a device to finely adjust the volume output in case it needs to be off between songs, or something less than full volume...oh yeah....never mind.....
Probably difficult on the guitar itself but what about a small box, let's think....foot operated...which could magically "switch" from clean to overdrive tone? Hmmmm maybe?

So it needs to be original...I am going to invent a bass guitar neck with a lever, which allows the frets to be retracted during playing, instantly converting it from fretted to fretless! The mechanism won't be really complicated I'm sure......might start a Patreon for it!

That last one already exists and has done for at about ten years. I’ll see if the video is still on YouTube. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elfrasho said:

And that's exactly why it only goes up for those occasional tunes! I'd happily have it high up the whole time if I didn't feel like I looked like that! 😂😂

Like anyone has ever looked at the bass player in the history of ever :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1