Why become a member? ×

My new set up

Bilbo

Bilbo, I'd have your bridge looked out. It's bowing a fair bit (unless my eyes are decieving me). You might be able to get someone to clamp it straight, or a new one perhaps? I hope you don't mind me suggesting that - I've been playing bass for 35+ years so have been through the mill a little.

https://www.stringemporium.com/warped-bass-bridge.htm

Edited by MuddBass
Link added

@Bilbo Sounds like you're happy with the Ear Box - do you find it helps with intonation? Reason I'm asking is that I struggle to hear myself at gigs and end up playing down the low end of the neck just to be safe. I have a Realist pickup so I was thinking of taking getting an Ear Box and taking it out of my GK combo for small gigs.

I've had problems on certain gigs with hearing myself, particularly when the rest of the band are full-on.  I bought an earbox (offer £89 Guitarguitar) which does make intonation much easier.  I have now bought a foldback speaker for myself to connect to my amp to see if that is better than the earbox and am about to try it this week on a regular gig which I know is usually problematic.  I'll let you know the verdict.

• Thanks 1

I'm contemplating an ultra-light setup of an Ear Box plus a small amp like a BAM 200. I'm always surprised at how loud the DB is acoustically when someone else is playing it so I figure that if the Ear Box works for monitoring then I can ditch the combo at some gigs.