Why become a member? ×

NBD Spector question....

ozzy138

15 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Good to see that you rank the EMG BT ahead of the TP. I have never played a Spector with that preamp but I am very tempted by this beauty that comes with the BTS: 1101352858_SpectorEuroClassicRed.thumb.jpg.f329de776f038742df1d1d34e9dc0b9a.jpg 

Me too - that very bass is on my wantlist! I believe the body may be slightly chambered which may take some of the 'body' from the tone so the BT may sound a little harsh but if so I'll just change to a trimpot TP or buy a Haz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cetera said:

Me too - that very bass is on my wantlist! I believe the body may be slightly chambered which may take some of the 'body' from the tone so the BT may sound a little harsh but if so I'll just change to a trimpot TP or buy a Haz.

Maybe we should then order together and ask for a good discount 😉

Changing the BT to the TP sounds like a good option. It's in my 77 and I like it a lot (the TP and the DiMarzio pickup turn the 77 into a P bass on steroids). I still have one lying around from when I had it replaced with the Haz in my Mike Starr.

• Like 1

Fellow Spector fans!

Yesterday, there was an interesting Q&A with John Stippell, Spector's Global Brand Manager, on Instragram. You can find it here:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/officialspector/?hl=en

Two questions were about the new Spector LT Limited Edition with Fishman Fluence pickups. They plan to release them here in the UK in summer. The two finishes will be "Faded Black" and this one, played by Rudy Sarzo. Cool stuff. Very tempting. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/04/2020 at 08:18, Uziel said:

Did someone here had a chance to compare the Tonepump, Aguie and Darkglass on Spector ? I'm not totally convinced by the TP...

Also, am I alone to have the crappy plastic knobs scratching the finish ? they wont stay put unless pushed all the way in and hitting the finish
it's a kind of shame for the instrument price range...

First thing I did with my LT was to replace the crappy knobs, they are just horrible.

IMG_2125.jpeg

2 minutes ago, geofio said:

First thing I did with my LT was to replace the crappy knobs, they are just horrible.  £5 each from ebay, gold with MOP inlays. and they have good clearance from the body.

IMG_2125.jpeg

IMG_2130.jpeg

DSC_1575.jpeg

Edited by geofio
  • Like 2

Over a year of using my euro 4 with the East Uni Pre. Absolutely love everything about the bass. Sounds brilliant in the mix and the pre is just so easy to work with. Gigs are about to kick off again so looking forward to using it on stage again.

• Like 2