Clarky's wall of shame

Clarky

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought a PJB Double Four from Clarky, it was packed well, arrived quickly and is in the pristine condition described ... and OMG, it sounds amazing!

The whole experience lived up to the high standards of the BC marketplace.

Thanks Clarky, top chap!!

S'manth x

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I guess the real mark of a Bass Chatter is how they respond when something isn't right. I sold Clarky my avri jazz and a mistake (my mistake) in the listing meant it was too heavy for him. I was mortified I'd got it wrong, but Clarky managed (after some ups and downs) to sell the bass. I really appreciate his straightforward approach to what was at times a frustrating experience. Top man. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Shout out to Clarky for selling me his Serek Lincoln bass via Basschat. Clarky was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Honest, trustworthy, informative and kept me updated throughout. I would not hesitate to buy from Clarky (Mark) again and would highly recommend him to anyone else in future should he decide to sell further gear 🙂

Edited by Medibot4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought a pedal from Clarky and all was brilliant - I would not hesitate for a single second to make another purchase from him. Fast delivery, perfect communication, completely as described - I’m really happy. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is a tale that needs telling, it is about generosity of spirit. I bought a watch from Mark just before Christmas, a present to myself, I had managed to break the glass on an inexpensive Citizen watch i had. Anyway it looked good, stainless, fitted perfect, happy bunny. Then it started losing time, stopping overnight (not a problem) then stopping during the day, to cut to chase, Mark refunded my money, I never asked for a refund it arrived along with instruction to toss it on the bin. To remove dubiety I returned the watch. Normally that would be the an end to it. There followed information from Mark which told me even self winder’s have facility to wind them topping up the mainspring. I took this onboard trying the technique on another watch, it worked. Suitably chastened I was taken aback by Marks next move, he gifted the watch to me 😳. I am not normally stuck for words, but this show of generosity stopped me in my track’s. 

Thank you Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Oldman said:

This is a tale that needs telling, it is about generosity of spirit. I bought a watch from Mark just before Christmas, a present to myself, I had managed to break the glass on an inexpensive Citizen watch i had. Anyway it looked good, stainless, fitted perfect, happy bunny. Then it started losing time, stopping overnight (not a problem) then stopping during the day, to cut to chase, Mark refunded my money, I never asked for a refund it arrived along with instruction to toss it on the bin. To remove dubiety I returned the watch. Normally that would be the an end to it. There followed information from Mark which told me even self winder’s have facility to wind them topping up the mainspring. I took this onboard trying the technique on another watch, it worked. Suitably chastened I was taken aback by Marks next move, he gifted the watch to me 😳. I am not normally stuck for words, but this show of generosity stopped me in my track’s. 

Thank you Mark

Lovely story but doesn’t surprise me Brian, @Clarky is one of life’s true gents ❤️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Beedster said:

Lovely story but doesn’t surprise me Brian, @Clarky is one of life’s true gents ❤️

10 hours ago, Beedster said:

Are you related? 😎

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just picked up an EA Wizzy 10 cab from Clarky. We worked out It’s been 15 years since we last met to do a Basschat deal. Like the last time this was a very pleasant transaction on all fronts. Let’s hope it’s not another 15 years before it happens again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...