Why become a member? ×

Clarky's wall of shame

Clarky

Just bought a SH950 DB pickup off Clarky - it was the double version of the single that I had just bought at the local store. He was super quick to get back to me on a saturday, patiently put up with me heading off to the store and sorting the refund on my original purchase before I sent payment to him, and then he spent what sounded like a not-insignificant portion of the afternoon dodging about looking for a postbox that would be cleared first thing Monday morning, so I'd have time to install it before a gig tomorrow night. Top stuff!

The pickup arrived this morning so was well pleased and looking forward to getting the bridge filed and them installed :-)

It was a real pleasure to deal with him - and looking at this thread I am certainly not the only one!

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, once again Clarky and I met in a public place and handed over several suspicious looking packages. I have to say, whilst he's always been a good guy to deal with, he excelled himself this time and gave me - and extremely cheap - a stunning set of DB strings that, in the three days I've had them on, have completely changed my DB tone. You said I'd like them Clarky, and you were right mate, many thanks.

One thing I will say about doing deals face to face with Clarky is that I increasingly find myself on the lookout for his zombie mates :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought Clarky's lovely, lovely Bacchus Jazz bass.

Top bloke, very patient with all my questions and accomodating providing extra pics - couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction

Cheers mate, I'm well chuffed

• 2 weeks later...

I only post here in batches, to try to save time ...

After my massive GAS-powered sales drive a few months ago, I finally raised enough to go ahead and buy Clarky's Alleva-Coppolo LG4. The bass was, of course, in immaculate condition, and the deal was, of course, as smooth as silk.

The only hiccup was my crap interweb banking skills causing Clarky to have to wait an extra 10 days for his money. :)

Two months later, Clarky bought my Alleva-Coppolo KBP5. Rather than winding me up about my previous slow payment, he paid instantly. :)

Last weekend I helped him to reduce the space pressure in his music room by taking away his Anton Zeller DB. Yet another completely smooth, simple transaction.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...