Why become a member? ×

SubZero Column PA

Woodinblack

Been looking at one of those column PAs with interest. Trouble is they are generally way out of my price range for the bose ones, or some of the others, and not convinced that what I need to get as a replacement for £300 of Altos on sticks wasn't £2k of fancy stuff I don't want to take down to the Dog and Angry Duck.

So I looked at gear4music, with their subzero ones. Some of them get good reviews around the net. Decided I needed at least the 12" one to be of use to me. Then I remembered that gear4music pretty well break everything they touch so looked on their eBay store!

Found that one of their battery powered ones (which is only an 8") was reduced from £499 to £299 for a slight broken bit of plastic, which seemed a bit too good to be true, but thought it was worth the try. So I ordered it on monday and now it is here. Here is what the £200 saving was for:

IMG_6158.thumb.jpeg.681c8c328b940d97597d0118ce1e602c.jpeg

Yep, that bit of plastic missing on the left. It all still works fine.

It said it wouldn't come with anything else, but it came with all the things the full priced one comes with.

TBH, I am not sure it is going to work for a noisy rock band, but it will work for vocals for practice (it is very clear, just not that much bass) and it has a battery too, so I can use it in the street if I decide to try random busking!

I will find out next week how loud it is with a drummer.

Anyone else use one of these?