Why become a member? ×

Behringer criticism of journo stunt goes wrong

Clarky

I find that quite interesting if true. Lots of people criticise Rickenbacker for defending their copyright, but it seems that Behringer go a few steps further and (racially) abuse and ridicule people who are critical of the way they do business. Always thought they were a stinky poo company anyway, and would never would buy anything they made, but now I feel morally righteous as well. Thanks Behringer. 

• Like 1

Good lord. I know they've been pretty shameless in their copying recently, but they're certainly not the only company iterating on (or cloning) old, famous designs, and while I'm not interested in their products, I can luckily simply avoid them. This is an entirely different matter, though. It's John Hall style bullying and then some. Filing for a trademark of another persons name is just about the lowest "competitive" behaviour you can think of.   

• Like 1

AFAICS the real mistake Behringer made was leaving themselves open to (wildly overplayed) allegations of anti-semitism. Other than that, I thought it was quite funny.

Sure, it's not a good look to have so many pops at the same journo over a short space of time but sometimes people get under other peoples' skin to such an extent that they just lose it. Over time Kirn seems to have said some fairly unpleasant things about Behringer so a degree of pushback was probably inevitable - but Behringer overdid it in some peoples' eyes.

Silly spat between an Internet 'influencer' and a gear cloner: who really gives a rat's anyway? 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Silly spat between an Internet 'influencer' and a gear cloner: who really gives a rat's anyway? 

I agree to a point, but I'm amazed that the PR people in a multinational couldn't see the response coming. Perhaps they were in a wine bar* at the time :)

*Wine bar. Previously a bank, selling over-priced Liebfraumilch, common in the 1980s and frequented by PR and media types allegedly

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Beedster said:

the PR people in a multinational couldn't see the response coming. Perhaps they were in a wine bar* at the time

My dear old love, PR people - like the rest of the meeja - don't go to wine bars these days, even if wine bars existed. Christ, they don't even do Charlie anymore and that used to be a sine qua non, believe me.

No, they're all 23 year-olds stuck at their desks from six in the morning till eleven at night, frantically tweeting corporate bollocks in between messaging their little friends and whimpering 'Oh, I'm so depressed, I'm working all the hours that God sends and I haven't got a life and I'll never be able to afford a place of my own because fascist baby-boomers, obvs, do you think Zoe likes me?'.

Then they go home and lie awake all night sobbing into their Greta Thunberg pillowcases and cursing mankind for burning the planet.

They're all stressed out of their tiny minds so no wonder they're doing weird shít like mocking up fake synths and pedals to annoy some dweeb 'journalist' who shouldn't even be on their radar and even if he was, just pay a couple of guys to break his fingers. If only they'd just relax and go down the pub at lunchtime and slope off early at half-four and throw sickies so they can spend the day in bed with an extensively tattooed hooker they'd be far happier and probably much more efficient.

Edited by skankdelvar
Removed dangling modifier
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

My dear old love, PR people - like the rest of the meeja - don't go to wine bars these days, even if wine bars existed. Christ, they don't even do Charlie anymore and that used to be a sine qua non, believe me.

No, they're all 23 year-olds stuck at their desks from six in the morning till eleven at night, frantically tweeting corporate bollocks in between messaging their little friends and whimpering 'Oh, I'm so depressed, I'm working all the hours that God sends and I haven't got a life and I'll never be able to afford a place of my own because fascist baby-boomers, obvs, do you think Zoe likes me?'.

Then they go home and lie awake all night cursing mankind for burning the planet and sobbing into their Greta Thunberg pillowcases.

They're all stressed out of their tiny minds so no wonder they're doing weird shít like mocking up fake synths and pedals to annoy some dweeb 'journalist' who shouldn't even be on their radar and even if he was, just pay a couple of guys to break his fingers. If only they'd just relax and go down the pub at lunchtime and slope off early at half-four and throw sickies so they can spend the day in bed with an extensively tattooed hooker they'd be far happier and probably much more efficient.

So reminiscent of those happy daze I spent working in the meeja in Landahn.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

I'll never be able to afford a place of my own because fascist baby-boomers

I have a suspicion that the Coronavirus was genetically engineered by Millennial and Gen-Xers specifically to target Baby Boomers...

all cases
80+ years old

14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old  
no fatalities

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Clarky said:

From journo bashing with a soupcon of racism (allegedly) to tattoo'd hookers/bass players and coronavirus statistics.

Par for the course on BC

It's typical of the intelligent, almost prophetic synthesis of ideas that we're all here for

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

So reminiscent of those happy daze I spent working in the meeja in Landahn.

Quite so. 

Are the worlds of PR and Meeja any more productive, efficient or 'ground-breaking' since a bunch of po-faced puritans took over, insisting that they are 'passionate' about doing things even though 'passion' is about the last thing you'd associate with these bloodless, rule-making bean-counters? No, they are not.

My poor niece works for a global PR behemoth and her life (and that of her colleagues) is pretty much as I describe above. When I outlined the 'spare jacket on the back of the chair' ruse to her she reacted as if I'd suggested robbing the poor box, so inculcated is she with the corporate BS. I hold out little hope of bringing her over to the Dark Side just yet.

For all their so-called freedom and open-mindedness many young people today are little more than bowing, scraping sararimen which is why I am launching an outreach mentoring project where old industry hands such as myself and @FinnDave teach our shining-faced youth such valuable lessons as how to successfully function in the workplace after a lunch comprising four pints, two bottles of wine, a large brandy and a pork pie.

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

I'd agree with all of that, but can't remember having any lunches that light in my 16 years in throbbing heart of the nation's meeja. 

In fact, due mainly to the lunches, there isn't that much I do remember!

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I'd agree with all of that, but can't remember having any lunches that light in my 16 years in throbbing heart of the nation's meeja. 

In fact, due mainly to the lunches, there isn't that much I do remember!

If you remembered them, you weren't there

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

... and a pork pie.

In my experience this particular “menu item” commonly occurred after an extended “light lunch” (as described by young Mr Del Var), usually on a Friday evening, somewhere against a wall around the back of Waterloo or London Bridge station, involving some amateur wrestling followed by a degree of knee trembling.

• Like 1