Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Vigier Excess 5 *SOLD*
£1650
Penarth, South Wales

mattbass6

This is a very hard decision for me as I love my Vigier basses so much, but I have decided to move back to 4 string bass for the foreseeable future. I have enjoyed my forays into the world of 6 & 5 string bass, but my writing has changed a lot and I need a new sound/approach/challenge. I will be keeping my other Excess 5 just for the studio and that low B, just in case I need it later down the line but it does mean, that I don't need two of them. So with that in mind, here is what I am selling -

A brand new, in perfect condition, and I mean perfect condition, as there are no scratches, surface scratches, dings, dents etc Vigier Excess 5 bass. It has never been gigged and only used in the house. It was ordered directly from Vigier back in 2018 and arrived with me last July (2019) as a back up to my other Vigier. Who was I kidding? The things are so flipping stable, you don't need a back up with these. Anyway, I ordered it in a custom "purple", and it is stunning. It comes with the official Vigier Hiscox case. The neck on these basses are to die for, just so beautifully crafted in every way. The sounds available to dial in are limitless, a very versatile pre-amp (18v). It was fitted from the start with Dunlop Stainless Steel Superbrights (40-120). They don't make many of these basses, and especially not in this colour. If you want something stable, powerful, unique and something that will last you forever, this is your baby. They cost £3200.00 (RRP), so grab a beautiful, handmade, rare and beautiful bass while you can. The bass is located in South Wales. I'd prefer collection, but happy to post if it will help the buyer. I have the box it was sent in. Any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will do all I can to help.

Possible trades and no sunburst’s please - 

US Fender Elite Precision with maple board plus cash my way.

Yamaha BB3000a plus cash my way.

Yamaha 2025x plus a little cash my way.

Mike Lull PJ4 with maple board.

——————————————————

Here are the specs of the bass, including weight 1f609.png;)

Type: Bolt-on featuring the 10/90 System (10% carbon with 90% of wood).

Wood: Maple naturally dried for 3 years

Shape: D

Finish: Gloss varnish where the varnish dries for 5 weeks minimum

Width of neck at nut: 46mm / 1.81"

Width of neck at last fret: 73,7mm / 2.9"

Depth of neck at first fret: 20,5mm / .81"

Depth of neck at 12th fret: 24mm / .94"

String spacing at nut: 38mm / 1.50"

String spacing at bridge: 72mm / 2.89"

Action as supplied at 12th fret, treble: 2.0mm / .079"

Action as supplied at 12th fret, bass: 2.7mm / 0.11"

Type of nut: Teflon nut + hardened zero fret technology

Fingerboard Wood: Maple

Radius: 300mm/11.81"

Type of frets: Medium

Number of frets: 24

Scale length: 860mm / 33.8"

Inlay: Dots

Body Wood: Two centre-joined pieces of solid, naturally aged alder.

Machine heads brand name: Schaller custom

Bridge brand name: Vigier quick release with a brass casing that inserts deep into the body and locks the strap button in place. It is Chrome finished.

Electronics

Pickup brand name: Vigier

Type of pickup: Single coil.

Switch: Balance

Electronic: Active

A hum-cancelling circuit eliminates the hum usually associated with single-coil pickups to create a true studio-quiet performance: single-coil tone without the hum.

Controls: Volume / Balance / Bass / Middle / Treble

Shielding: Conductive paint

Weight: 3,8Kg / 8.3lbs

It comes with the original Vigier hard case

It is strung with Dunlop SuperBrights Stainless Steel 40-120

Made in: France

Edited by mattbass6
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Abjatar said:

damn guys, why has nobody bought this yet?
great price for a new awesome bass!

GLWTS

I know, but I guess it’s a weird time for everyone, so money is obviously tight. Thanks though, appreciated